Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BucksBack FNBO visa

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

BucksBack FNBO visa

applied 7/17/12 -- approved 7/31/12. credit limit: 4800. 12 months 0% 15% standard.fnbo-bucks-back.gif

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: BucksBack FNBO visa

Congrats on your approval!!!!  They're very conservative. They should have approved higher CL.

Ron.

Message 2 of 9
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Nice. Smiley Happy

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 9
jwheel113
Valued Member

Nice going!  The first credit card I ever opened was a FNBO College Edition Visa back in 6/2004 when I was 19.  I"m currently still using this as my primary card more than 8 years later.  About a year ago, from reading the forums, I learned you can an obtain a CLI with a SP every few months simply by calling the number on your card and verifying income/rent/mortgage information.  Since September of last year, my CL has increased from 5500 to 11500 (3 CLI in increments of 2000).  I was also able to add rewards to my account upon request. Although FNBO is lesser known,  they're a quality bank with excellent customer service IMO.

Message 4 of 9
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Once again, congrats on the approval. I've received an offer from FNBO for their Maximum Rewards card. I'm going to be coming out of gardening mode this fall and am considering available options. Is there any particular reason that you decided to go for FNBO? I'd appreciate opinions about them -- I've heard that they're conservative and have good customer service -- but I don't really know much about them.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 9
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

im impressed with FBNO credit the same way i have a strong distaste for Bank of America credit. one of the main objectives in my conquest of credit, is not only the reward amounts and no fee features, but also the quality of the bank itself. for me, having credit with strong healthy banks is important to me. i really am interested that FBNO is a rather large financial institution.\

i will edit this and continue this post tomorrow i am having a sleep attack.

Message 6 of 9
melbaro
New Contributor

FNBO seems good and the cards are pretty competitive, but in working with them and trying to get a recent CLI on my 2400CL AMEX, I am not at all impressed. Even though their call centers are local, the CSR's I've spoken to are no better than the ones overseas.

I recently requested a CLI over the phone as there was an issue online...was declined because the account was too new. They HP'd Experian, and 10 of the 11 reps I spoke to would not confirm reviewing my overall credit profile they pulled to make a decision. My only decline reason was the age of the account and I have been calling them daily to either get the HP removed since they never used it (even after numerous recon requests), or to do some diligence and actually look at my report.

The institution may be big, but I feel like everyone I have spoken to is at the bottom of the ladder and is unwilling or incapable. Speaking to "management" yielded no better result, and I may actually write a letter as it seems to be the only way to get a reasonable response.

My current cards are:

Chase Freedom 5k

Discover 5k

Amex BCE 2k (backdated 99)

Cap1 PlayStation 3k

FNBO Amex 2.4k

Amex Zinc NPSL (backdated 99)

Amex Gold NPSL (backdated 99)

Cap1 750 (gf AU to limit getting nailed if something goes wrong...)

Cap1 500 (closing at 4 years 5/13)

Best Buy 500 - Plan B Smiley Mad

The only FICO I have was provided by Chase last month with Freedom app...769 EQ.

Message 7 of 9
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Ok. as of now 08/06 i have received and have activated my card. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

Ok. as of now 08/06 i have received and have activated my card. Smiley Happy

How does it compare to your other cards ? Tough to aquire ?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.