Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buh-Bye Discover

tag
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Buh-Bye Discover

Never used the card since October. They did the offer switcheroo on me when I applied so I didn't get the 18 month 0% APR promo.

I called tonight, even though my credit profile is great for other companies, Discover just wouldn't budge. So I shut er down. Buh-bye.

That is all.

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Buh-Bye Discover

@Firehorse wrote:

Never used the card since October. They did the offer switcheroo on me when I applied so I didn't get the 18 month 0% APR promo.

I called tonight, even though my credit profile is great for other companies, Discover just wouldn't budge. So I shut er down. Buh-bye.

That is all.

Well, seems you gave them the curb stomp. Why i hang on to them here is anybodys guess. Maybe hoping against hope? Held my Discover now at 16 months with not so much as a peep from them for any CLI. Well, maybe if by meeting a demand for the proverbial routine HP. I got the same switcheroo treatment when first approved after a preapproval mailer. Thin file at the time so it was likely for them eye candy bait to reel in some easy interest but i kept PIF except for a couple of times of rolling balances for at the most 90 days as someone once suggested i do. Well it never worked and i highly doubt that they have any intentions to even lay a 50 spot toward that SL of 1400 where it sits to this day. They just narrowly escaped the cut roster this first go round by a hair but they are well positioned first in line on the next set of closures.

You're right! For some of us Discover just won't budge in comparison to what might be considered somewhat standard or expected, and i don't think at this point in time that they even have the stomach to want to compete with their competitors for a permanent place on my files with the tire tracks others lenders have long since marked their spot with.

Message 2 of 50
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

That is all.

Well, seems you gave them the curb stomp. Why i hang on to them here is anybodys guess. Maybe hoping against hope? Held my Discover now at 16 months with not so much as a peep from them for any CLI. Well, maybe if by meeting a demand for the proverbial routine HP. I got the same switcheroo treatment when first approved after a preapproval mailer. Thin file at the time so it was likely for them eye candy bait to reel in some easy interest but i kept PIF except for a couple of times of rolling balances for at the most 90 days as someone once suggested i do. Well it never worked and i highly doubt that they have any intentions to even lay a 50 spot toward that SL of 1400 where it sits to this day. They just narrowly escaped the cut roster this first go round by a hair but they are well positioned first in line on the next set of closures.

You're right! For some of us Discover just won't budge in comparison to what might be considered somewhat standard or expected, and i don't think at this point in time that they even have the stomach to want to compete with their competitors for a permanent place on my files with the tire tracks others lenders have long since marked their spot with.

For some reason when i readd the title I thought of the nsync song

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 50
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Firehorse wrote:

That is all.

For some reason when i readd the title I thought of the nsync song

HAHA! +1

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit

Message 5 of 50
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

credit

It pays to Uncover?

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover More!

Message 7 of 50
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

LMAO. Pays to UnDiscover.

Just made my night Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 50
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ooh an anti-Discover thread! Just checking in Smiley Tongue

I don't blame you for shutting it down, besides the annoyance of not honoring the 0% offer, it's really just another 123 card. A lot of people take hard pulls for CLI and get $200 increase. It's hard for it to grow into anything meaningful unless you put a lot of spend or BT om it.
Message 9 of 50
taxi818
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Ooh an anti-Discover thread! Just checking in Smiley Tongue

I don't blame you for shutting it down, besides the annoyance of not honoring the 0% offer, it's really just another 123 card. A lot of people take hard pulls for CLI and get $200 increase. It's hard for it to grow into anything meaningful unless you put a lot of spend or BT om it.

Lol. Well I only got 500 cli. Hp. But I still luv my discover. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.