cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bummed: GW Letters to First Premier......epic fail!!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Bummed: GW Letters to First Premier......epic fail!!

I emailed and mailed goodwill letters to First Premier Bank asking them remove 1 30 day late payment and 1 30 day and 60 day late from two separate accounts I had back in 2006 and 2007 respectively. Although those accounts are closed, my reports are still marred by baddies from 2007 and 2008. I've been on the straight and narrow since then. They responded with a big fat NO because they are not able to change what is considered accurate information....FML! I read folks on this board stating how they've had goodwill success and I have not had any....EVER!. I'm starting to get discourage. It maybe best just to wait until it falls off my reports which will be late next year. Please excuse my all caps, I'm starting to get frustrated Smiley Sad with all this work I've put in and no reward. I'm curious as to how others are able to get anything ad everything deleted and I get nothing?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bummed: GW Letters to First Premier......epic fail!!

There are some companies that are GW-friendly and some that are not.  Even within the GW-friendly companies you have to have someone who is willing to help you and a compelling reason for them to do so.

Those 30-day lates are barely hurting you, if at all, at this late date.  The 60 a little more.  Continue to sent GW's if you want, but I really wouldn't worry too much about it.  They'll age off before too long.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 2 of 6
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@DrJim wrote:

There are some companies that are GW-friendly and some that are not.  Even within the GW-friendly companies you have to have someone who is willing to help you and a compelling reason for them to do so.

Those 30-day lates are barely hurting you, if at all, at this late date.  The 60 a little more.  Continue to sent GW's if you want, but I really wouldn't worry too much about it.  They'll age off before too long.

+1

keep up the good work you will be in the 700's before you know it

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 6
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

get a LARGE book of stamps and keep sending. Also scan the letter an FAX FAX FAX. Never state in the letter that you've sent something earlier. Make every time seems like the first time. Also attempt to call managers.If you can get a name and call that person often that would be good. Be polite but extremely persistent.

The goal is to get someone to find "Good Will" for your case and make the updates.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 4 of 6
lithium78
Established Contributor

You've got to keep sending the GW letters.  Use different sob stories and praise them and their services in your letters.  Try sending them directly to their Credit Reporting Department.  Try different tactics, but don't give up.  I got HSBC to remove a 90 day late and a 30 day late from two accounts by being persistent and you can do it too with First Premier.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Thank you all for the encoragement, I will continue to press on hoping for success in the future.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.