Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Bummed: GW Letters to First Premier......epic fail!!

I emailed and mailed goodwill letters to First Premier Bank asking them remove 1 30 day late payment and 1 30 day and 60 day late from two separate accounts I had back in 2006 and 2007 respectively. Although those accounts are closed, my reports are still marred by baddies from 2007 and 2008. I've been on the straight and narrow since then. They responded with a big fat NO because they are not able to change what is considered accurate information....FML! I read folks on this board stating how they've had goodwill success and I have not had any....EVER!. I'm starting to get discourage. It maybe best just to wait until it falls off my reports which will be late next year. Please excuse my all caps, I'm starting to get frustrated :smileysad: with all this work I've put in and no reward. I'm curious as to how others are able to get anything ad everything deleted and I get nothing?

Frequent Contributor
DrJim

Re: Bummed: GW Letters to First Premier......epic fail!!

There are some companies that are GW-friendly and some that are not.  Even within the GW-friendly companies you have to have someone who is willing to help you and a compelling reason for them to do so.

Those 30-day lates are barely hurting you, if at all, at this late date.  The 60 a little more.  Continue to sent GW's if you want, but I really wouldn't worry too much about it.  They'll age off before too long.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 795 Dec 2013
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K,
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

DrJim wrote:

There are some companies that are GW-friendly and some that are not.  Even within the GW-friendly companies you have to have someone who is willing to help you and a compelling reason for them to do so.

Those 30-day lates are barely hurting you, if at all, at this late date.  The 60 a little more.  Continue to sent GW's if you want, but I really wouldn't worry too much about it.  They'll age off before too long.

+1

keep up the good work you will be in the 700's before you know it

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Contributor
CreditEd

get a LARGE book of stamps and keep sending. Also scan the letter an FAX FAX FAX. Never state in the letter that you've sent something earlier. Make every time seems like the first time. Also attempt to call managers.If you can get a name and call that person often that would be good. Be polite but extremely persistent.

The goal is to get someone to find "Good Will" for your case and make the updates.

All Thanks to myFico:
AMEX Business Platinum (NPSL) | AMEX Business SPG ($25,000) | AMEX Delta Sky Platinum ($10,000 | AMEX H. Honors ($2,000) | Citi Hilton Honors Reserve ($14,000) | Citi Diamond Preferred ($4,700) | Citi ThankYou Preferred ($3,200) | Chase Freedom ($3,000) | FNBO Platinum MC (awaiting the limit) | HSBC Platinum ($2,000) | US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature ($5,000)
Established Contributor
lithium78

You've got to keep sending the GW letters.  Use different sob stories and praise them and their services in your letters.  Try sending them directly to their Credit Reporting Department.  Try different tactics, but don't give up.  I got HSBC to remove a 90 day late and a 30 day late from two accounts by being persistent and you can do it too with First Premier.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
WhiteCollar

Thank you all for the encoragement, I will continue to press on hoping for success in the future.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+