Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bureau Reporting Days

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Bureau Reporting Days

@Jbb2788 wrote:

So basically if you want them to report low UTL every month then pay the bill as soon as your statement cuts and not the due date?

If you want to have zero bal report to the CRAs, then you need to PIF *before* the statement cuts and ignore the due date altogether. You're in effect paying nearly a full month ahead of the due date.

And you do need to pay attention to pending charges made a few days before the statement date. A good rule of thumb is to stop using the card a few days before the statement cut date, as I have ended up w/small charges reporting because something I forgot about posted after I PIF.

I usually log in the day before the statement cuts and PIF the current balance. I also check for any pending transactions, though you should be aware that they don't always show (which is why I have had small balances report after I PIF).

Wait until the day after the statement cuts to use the card again.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.