Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Cards

Hi everyone. Few questions about business cards. How do they differ from a personal card? Is it based off your business credit or do the pull your report? I do a lot of freelance but am not incorporated. I'd like a card just for business related things but I don't want to pull my personal credit at the moment because I'm trying to raise my scores. I just applied (and got) a card about a month ago so I don't know if it would be wise to pull again so soon... even though I just paid nearly $1500 toward my balances. :-/ Any thoughts? Thanks! -A
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Business Cards

Hi ajg. There are few threads in this board. Also at the top of the message I posted a message with important contacts for biz cards.

In order to establish a seperate file and not include your personal CR for biz, then you have to incorporate the biz and get an EIN Number. After that you have to get a DUNS number. Then you can start apping for the biz cards. At that time you'll not have to provide personal guarantee or ssn to get the biz cards.

Difference between biz cards and personal cards, biz cards does not have the same consumer protection as personal cards. You have to look into terms.

It is easy to establish biz credit. I have 14 biz accounts in the time frame of last 6 months.

Good Luck with your new Biz.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.