Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Business Cards

[ Edited ]

I recently opened a new Chase Business Card with a 0% apr for one year.

I used it to pay off balances on other cards.

What I later discovered is that the Bus Card does NOT report to the CRA.  So it did not hurt my avg lenght of credit, and also substantially reduced my overall revolving %util.  Sure, it did not raise my CL, but it enabled my to substantially reduce my reported %util by reducing my balances on other cards.  A real benefit.

Am I missing something, or is this really the tremendous FICO boon that it appears to be?

Message Edited by RobertEG on 11-06-2008 06:15 PM
New Contributor
louiep132

Re: Business Cards

RobertEG wrote:

I recently opened a new Chase Business Card with a 0% apr for one year.

I used it to pay off balances on other cards.

What I later discovered is that the Bus Card does NOT report to the CRA.  So it did not hurt my avg lenght of credit, and also substantially reduced my overall revolving %util.  Sure, it did not raise my CL, but it enabled my to substantially reduce my reported %util by reducing my balances on other cards.  A real benefit.

Am I missing something, or is this really the tremendous FICO boon that it appears to be?

Message Edited by RobertEG on 11-06-2008 06:15 PM

seems like it could be benifcial if you dont go overboard

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}