Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business card and Mortgage app.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business card and Mortgage app.

I have an AMEX business card. Does it figure in the mortgage app process. Of course, it doesn't reflect in my FICO report but I have an excellent history-no lates and I've had the card over 1 year. I'd like for it to be a factor in consideration of my creditworthiness. Suggestions, experiences?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Business card and Mortgage app.

an acct. may not reflect your personal creditworthiness to lenders, unless you are individually, jointly or severally responsible for paying the bill.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the person responsible for the card. I accepted an offer from AMEX based on (I guess) my relationship with them. I asked because the account does not reflect on my personal credit report even though the account is in my name and I am the only AU. If it reflects on a D&B, do mortgage lenders consider this type of credit card in your personal finances?
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

so you want to be able to use your history with your business credit card towards underwriting with the mortgage??
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly! However, I don't want to have to get into a lot of paperwork involving my side business.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.