Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy Car w/CC?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Buy Car w/CC?

$2500 was the max the Lexus dealership I went to allowed.. Obviously dealers and places differ on their procedures.  They don't really want to eat the fee and will figure out how to make it up somewhere else I am sure.

Message 21 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

$2500 was the max the Lexus dealership I went to allowed.. Obviously dealers and places differ on their procedures.  They don't really want to eat the fee and will figure out how to make it up somewhere else I am sure.

$2,500? That doesn't even cover TTL on the car you probably bought. Smiley Indifferent

Message 22 of 48
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

$2,500? That doesn't even cover TTL on the car you probably bought. Smiley Indifferent

Only charged 1125$ I think for acquition fee.. First month of lease and some other misc fees..  Taxes get charged monthly on the lease is how my state works tags are only 90 a year in Tenn...  I remember Tags were based off the value of your car in AZ and I had some 1100 tags fees when I lived there, ouch!

Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Only charged 1125$ I think for acquition fee.. First month of lease and some other misc fees..  Taxes get charged monthly on the lease is how my state works tags are only 90 a year in Tenn...  I remember Tags were based off the value of your car in AZ and I had some 1100 tags fees when I lived there, ouch!

State tax due on purchase here. 6.25%

Message 24 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been thinking about doing this next year once I get my BCE 3x'ed to 15k.
Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why you don't talk about financing or trade-ins until the price is settled.

Message 26 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought a new Nissan Dec 30. Out the door cost was right at 8000. I was planning to pay cash but the dealer was offering a $1000 incentive to take 3.5% financing. So I took the financing to get the $1k. Once I got the first statement saw that they accept CC payments. 12.95 fee per payment and a max of $2000 per payment, but that's still a profit. So paid for a brand new Nissan altima entirely with CC. Smiley Happy

Chris.
Message 27 of 48
onstar
Established Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Anyone get limited by the amount?

Never done it myself but it's quite common.  Consider the fees the dealer has to pay.  As someone else stated, if they're willing to eat the card fee then they're probably making it up (and possible more) elsewhere.

True. They would never sign off on anything unless they're making money. The real definition of a Bargain is where both sides think they screwed the other side.

I went to 2 dealerships last year to help my cousin buy a new car. Cars were cheaper at one dealership, so naturally we went there first. Started paperwork and tried to pay the $5K down with cc, and the dealsership wouldn't budge. So we said we'll think about it for 24 hours, and took the written offer to the second dealership. They matched the first dealership's price and allowed her to put $5K on her CC. 3 days later, she paid the CC off and felt like a genius for getting cash back.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 28 of 48
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

A new Altima for $8K? Where did you bury the body?

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 29 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

A new Altima for $8K? Where did you bury the body?

Acid bath.

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.