Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy.com visa

tag
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Buy.com visa

Anyone have this card? Is it easy to get?

I've tried searching for reviews on this one on these forums, whogavemecredit and creditboards but nothing..

I want to buy a external HD and am interested in that 30$ promo coupon they have.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Buy.com visa

That the Revolution Card?  I can't find that offer.

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 10
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

No, not the Revolution card.. the buy.com visa

https://secure.buy.com/corp/support/login.asp?what=buyvisa&dir_name=buydotcom_ic_30_30_coup_no_int&mkid=664Q

it is something similar to the amazon.com visa. I took that because you get $30 credit for any purchases on amazon. Both of these are offered by Chase. You can also see them on the chase website.
Message 3 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Ooooh.  Well duh... I should have remembered that, I've seen it before.

Looks like a nice deal if you found a good price for the HD.  As for the card... anyone got it?

As a rule, I would not get the card unless I planned on doing frequent shopping there and the rewards were better than what I could get using a different method.  There is a $10 offer if you get a google checkout account though.

I can give you my opinion on Chase.... once you are in with them, it is very easy to get another card.  They also will redistribute CLs among your cards.  They used to also convert cards but the rep I spoke with a few weeks back had no idea what I wanted.... so I don't know if they've stopped doing that.  I didn't push the issue because I didn't need to at the time.   This would make me more apt to be OK with apply for a new Chase card moreso for the offer than for continued loyalty to the particular store.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 10
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Yeah I do buy stuff there very often and it'll be useful just like the Amazon card and the best price for what I've been looking for. Would be a steal with the 30 bux less. Smiley Very Happy

But just don't want a hit on my report and not get something for it.

Something like a fear of rejection I guess. Smiley Tongue Thought if I could see scores on acceptance/rejection.. I'd get a general idea.
Message 5 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

I hear ya.  Wish I could help on the scores... without seeing your numbers though it sound like you know you will get approved but are just nervous.  Seems like the card would suit you... If you are 680's or higher with no major derogs I'd say app now.
Message 6 of 10
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

The HD I was looking at just became $40 dearer(moved out of the deals section)

Also the t&c on card state that if you have had a similar offer from Chase before you are ineligible for it again.

Just called the csr and she confirmed that although I can get the card I won't get the $30 credit offer since I got it on the Amazon visa. Hah! Smiley Tongue

Planning next apps on student-friendly credit unions in 2 months from now..
Message 7 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I looked up on google. Buy.com visa is issued by chase.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

SmartCookie wrote:
Ooooh.  Well duh... I should have remembered that, I've seen it before.

As a rule, I would not get the card unless I planned on doing frequent shopping there and the rewards were better than what I could get using a different method.  There is a $10 offer if you get a google checkout account though.

So agreed w/ SmartCookie! I really, really regret getting my Macy's and Nieman Marcus- as the closest ones are an hour and a half away, and I am really NOT going to drive to Cinci just to give my card some util...

try NOT to app for a card that you will not really use... now I am stuck w/ the two having to use them twice a year to prevent them from being closed for non-usage...only this Christmas has Macy's offered free shipping and the purchase has to be over 75.00.

But if you will use it then it makes sense.

Message Edited by netpanther on 12-16-2007 07:49 PM
Message 9 of 10
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

yeah you guys are right.. that's one of the reasons I haven't applied for many store cards even though its really tempting.

Going from a stage where you are rejected for cards straight out to getting some of the okay (a bit above subprime) is an interesting transition. Feel like apping everywhere when the going's good but all you need is some patience and a good dose of common sense. Smiley Happy

I don't think I'll go for this card.. definitely not in the next 6 months... i want my inquiries to disappear first. Then if i still feel like it.. maybe.

Thanks for your comments guys.. always good to get a reality check!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.