cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

tag
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

So I have to buy a webcam for an (online) final I'm taking and saw that ShopDiscover offers 5% cashback through their portal. Best Buy appears to pricematch Amazon. My plan is to purchase it as 'in-store pickup' and then have the difference refunded through the pricematch when I go to pick it up.

Does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

Note: I'm not trying to scam Discover out of extra money, just wanting to pay the Amazon price and get the (online-only) Discover cashback on the final price.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

It shouldn't be an issue unless best buy was to give you a full refund and then have you purchase it again at the matched price, which is most likely what will happen.

I don't think a best buy store would be able to alter a transaction that was processed online.
Message 2 of 3
Dreamwalker
New Contributor

Re: Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

Turns out they only do pricematching in-store and over the phone, so they can't be combined, I suppose I could have ordered over ShopDiscover and then went in and asked them to pricematch.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.