New Contributor

Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

So I have to buy a webcam for an (online) final I'm taking and saw that ShopDiscover offers 5% cashback through their portal. Best Buy appears to pricematch Amazon. My plan is to purchase it as 'in-store pickup' and then have the difference refunded through the pricematch when I go to pick it up.

Does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

Note: I'm not trying to scam Discover out of extra money, just wanting to pay the Amazon price and get the (online-only) Discover cashback on the final price.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Senior Contributor

Re: Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

It shouldn't be an issue unless best buy was to give you a full refund and then have you purchase it again at the matched price, which is most likely what will happen.

I don't think a best buy store would be able to alter a transaction that was processed online.
;
New Contributor

Re: Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

Turns out they only do pricematching in-store and over the phone, so they can't be combined, I suppose I could have ordered over ShopDiscover and then went in and asked them to pricematch.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.