New Contributor
Dreamwalker

Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

So I have to buy a webcam for an (online) final I'm taking and saw that ShopDiscover offers 5% cashback through their portal. Best Buy appears to pricematch Amazon. My plan is to purchase it as 'in-store pickup' and then have the difference refunded through the pricematch when I go to pick it up.

Does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

Note: I'm not trying to scam Discover out of extra money, just wanting to pay the Amazon price and get the (online-only) Discover cashback on the final price.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

It shouldn't be an issue unless best buy was to give you a full refund and then have you purchase it again at the matched price, which is most likely what will happen.

I don't think a best buy store would be able to alter a transaction that was processed online.
New Contributor
Dreamwalker

Re: Buy from ShopDiscover and Price-match in store?

Turns out they only do pricematching in-store and over the phone, so they can't be combined, I suppose I could have ordered over ShopDiscover and then went in and asked them to pricematch.

Walmart Store Card: $600 & Amazon Store Card: $1200
Amazon.com Visa: $500 & Chase Freedom: $3000
US Bank REI Visa Signature: $5500
Discover It: $100

TU-654 [03/18/2014]

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}