cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BuyPower Card CLI

Member

BuyPower Card CLI

Hey Everyone,

 

So I called BuyPowerCard's line to request a CLI and it seems that they aren't offering CLI at the moment due to their "system", I even tried doing it online first, but that portion of the website has a message and says its "Unavailable". However they did tell me in the next few months the system will "possibly" be online, I didn't bother to ask more info as I got my answer, but at this point I have just a $500 limit and am thinking about canceling the card, I've had it for 1 1/2 years, before I do anything, I wanted to get some members opinions who have the card... should I wait and keep it... or close it. Maybe I'm a little bit impatient and should just wait?

 

Untitled-1.jpg

 

-G

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card CLI


GDough wrote:

Hey Everyone,

 

So I called BuyPowerCard's line to request a CLI and it seems that they aren't offering CLI at the moment due to their "system", I even tried doing it online first, but that portion of the website has a message and says its "Unavailable". However they did tell me in the next few months the system will "possibly" be online, I didn't bother to ask more info as I got my answer, but at this point I have just a $500 limit and am thinking about canceling the card, I've had it for 1 1/2 years, before I do anything, I wanted to get some members opinions who have the card... should I wait and keep it... or close it. Maybe I'm a little bit impatient and should just wait?

 

Untitled-1.jpg

 

-G


Mine has a low limit too, but I use mine for work purchases that I get reimbursed for. When I get reimbursed, I make a payment. I already have almost $1500 to put towards a new car!

Message 2 of 15
New Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card CLI

I've been getting the same message for the past couple of months. I wasn't sure if it was something directly related to me or if it was the site as a whole... I have a $750 limit. I was thinking of using it for everyday purchases and paying the balance in full every pay day just to rack up the rewards but I'm not hell-bent on buying  a GM with my next purchase so not sure if its worth keeping. 



Message 3 of 15
New Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card CLI

Called customer service, they said that it was a site wide issue and that they aren't processing any credit line increases at the time due to system upgrades and conversions and that they have no timeline when the increase request will be available.



Message 4 of 15
Valued Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card CLI

The GM card is generally not liked on these forums, I think I'm the only fan. The money I earn with this card is money I would not have saved if it had been basic cash back so for me its a nice savings account for my next vehicle and I should have $1500 +/- saved by then.  

 

I currently have $750+ "booked" toward my next GM vehicle and a month or so ago they were extending any amount you had PLUS $500 toward a certified used car - I hope they continue to offer that deal !  I do have a high credit limit at least for the numbers I see on here and have rec'd regular steady CLI's over the 2 years 9 months I've had the card - have not tried lately tho.

 

I use it only for tolls, car insurance and my XM radio paid quarterly. Average spend is $400-$600 ;per month (mostly tolls) and always pay in full. Through my last statement I have $188 earned this year and the 5% is good for the first $5000 or $250 cash back (saved for vehicle purchase) and my anniversary date is still 100 days out.

Message 5 of 15
Member

Re: BuyPower Card CLI


bogeygolfer wrote:

Called customer service, they said that it was a site wide issue and that they aren't processing any credit line increases at the time due to system upgrades and conversions and that they have no timeline when the increase request will be available.


I got the same answer as well Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 15
Member

Re: BuyPower Card CLI


pipeguy wrote:

The GM card is generally not liked on these forums, I think I'm the only fan. The money I earn with this card is money I would not have saved if it had been basic cash back so for me its a nice savings account for my next vehicle and I should have $1500 +/- saved by then.  

 

I currently have $750+ "booked" toward my next GM vehicle and a month or so ago they were extending any amount you had PLUS $500 toward a certified used car - I hope they continue to offer that deal !  I do have a high credit limit at least for the numbers I see on here and have rec'd regular steady CLI's over the 2 years 9 months I've had the card - have not tried lately tho.

 

I use it only for tolls, car insurance and my XM radio paid quarterly. Average spend is $400-$600 ;per month (mostly tolls) and always pay in full. Through my last statement I have $188 earned this year and the 5% is good for the first $5000 or $250 cash back (saved for vehicle purchase) and my anniversary date is still 100 days out.


I do want to purchase a Chevy vehicle later on and use this card to rack up some rewards for it, I wish i had a higher credit limit on the card so I could use it on larger purchases and then pay it off, but unfortunely im stuck at $500... I like the card, but just dislike that CLI's aren't available right now... Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 15
Valued Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card CLI

Even with a $500 CL, you can max out the 5% rewards on this card (5% of the first $5k per year) by spending $400 +/- a month and paying it off monthly so you don't report high utility. I would NOT carrying a large balance in this card, or for that matter any card with a higher APR (mine is currently 20.65% although I've never paid any interest on this account) - that kind of eats up any rewards. 

Message 8 of 15

Re: BuyPower Card CLI

I just checked and still have the same message in my account.
I think I'm going to call in and check because this is the statement I'm due for an auto cli through the steps program. If they can't honor that I'm paying it off and cancelling as soon as I qualify for another rewards card
Message 9 of 15
Regular Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card CLI

I ditched this after they promised me an increase from &500 to $2500 if I paid in full or at least $122 (approx) a month for 6 months.  Did that, and never got my increase....so bye bye!  I closed my account and just two days ago got a "Preapproved" mailer from them.   NO THANK YOU!

Message 10 of 15