Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BuyPower Card from Capital One Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BuyPower Card from Capital One Questions

I received in the mail today a "prequalifying offer for a Capital One BUYpower card. Should I attempt to get this card? Is this a generic prequal or is it a legit prequal offer? Can anyone offer me any insight? I am in the process of rebuilding. I currently have a $3.3K Secured card,  QS $500, QS1 $500 and and PreditorOne for $550. My scores are 620-640. I have 14 paid off derogs that will all fall off over the next 14-15 months. I have one unpaid that I am not sure If I will settle on, as it falls off in 2/17 but the SOL is 7/17. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: BuyPower Card from Capital One Questions

There are lots of threads on MyFico concerning the GM BuyPower card pre-qualifed offers - it's a valid offer but its not an approval. Given that you already have two Cap-1 cards and what you listed as on your report, my guess is IF its approved, you can expect a low SL of say $300-$500 and yes it'll grow, but so with your other Cap-1 cards.

Personally I am a fan of this card and I have a 5 figure credit limit on the GM card, but that's not common - in your case I'd probably pass and let my other cards mature (= higher limits over time) and then perhaps revisit this card if you think its for you. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BuyPower Card from Capital One Questions

@pipeguy wrote:

There are lots of threads on MyFico concerning the GM BuyPoer card pre-qualifed offers - it's a valid offer but its not an approval. Given that you already have two Cap-1 cards and what you listed as on your report, my guess is IF its approved, you can expect a low SL of say $300-$500 and yes it'll grow, but so with your other Cap-1 cards.

Personally I am a fan of this card and I have a 5 figure credit limit on the GM card, but that's not common - in your case I'd probably pass and let my other cards mature (= higher limits over time) and then perhaps revisit this card if you think its for you. 

Thanks, I wasn't sure if this was simply an offer or a sure thing. I agree with you about letting my other cards grow and then combine. Thanks for the information. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.