cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

I am Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

The tv will cost approximately $4000.  I want to make sure I get the best return on it.

I thought my 1080p was cool but when I went to visit bestbuy those 4k resolution tv's are looking much sharper.  Need to get rid of this 1080p crap in my living room.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

@JoshNurse wrote:

The tv will cost approximately $4000.  I want to make sure I get the best return on it.

I thought my 1080p was cool but when I went to visit bestbuy those 4k resolution tv's are looking much sharper.  Need to get rid of this 1080p crap in my living room.

Can you buy it online (after checking it out at the store?)  Discover Deals gives 5% rebate on BestBuy purchases, and lots of other portals

http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Best-Buy/

give 1%+ in addition to what your credit card gives you.

Message 2 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JoshNurse wrote:

4k TV is a waste imo as most channels on cable are only upscaled to 1080p atm..  Really Blu-Rays are the only way to watch 4k.  It still has years to go before the bandwidth and cable companies in my opinion will support it..  With that said I would keep your current 1080p tv or get a newer one that you want,but don't waste 4k on a 4k tv.. What you were watching at bestbuy was one on a select movies that support it..  Yes it is coming, but why not wait until the price drops when it actually makes it to main stream.

Now if you are set on it, I probably would use an Amex or something for an extra year of warranty.

My 2 cents.. Off to bed

Message 3 of 11
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

Can you buy it online (after checking it out at the store?)  Discover Deals gives 5% rebate on BestBuy purchases, and lots of other portals

http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Store/Best-Buy/

give 1%+ in addition to what your credit card gives you.

I can buy it onlinw with store pickup

Message 4 of 11
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

first thing that comes to mind is the bb card will give 5% back in BB rewards

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cash+ electronics stores category gets 5% at BB.
Message 6 of 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

US Bank Cash+, Discover Deals

Don't forget to try the mover's coupon from USPS for an additional 10% off

Message 7 of 11
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Best Buy store card is better than Cash+ for a purchase of $4k...if you remember, there is a cap for the Cash+/quater...

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

at the $4k pricepoint the BB card is the one id use. If i was in the $1k-1500 range, a new card that that rocks 0% for a year, the 100 bucks in points back after $500, along with a shopping portal and movers coupon is the way to handle that.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

4k TV is a waste imo as most channels on cable are only upscaled to 1080p atm..  Really Blu-Rays are the only way to watch 4k.  It still has years to go before the bandwidth and cable companies in my opinion will support it..  With that said I would keep your current 1080p tv or get a newer one that you want,but don't waste 4k on a 4k tv.. What you were watching at bestbuy was one on a select movies that support it..  Yes it is coming, but why not wait until the price drops when it actually makes it to main stream.

Now if you are set on it, I probably would use an Amex or something for an extra year of warranty.

My 2 cents.. Off to bed

True.  And they already have a new one out.  We wanted to jump on it also.  But decided to wait for that reason.  And that would mean new receiver.  I do understand.  Everytime I see one, I am in awe.  Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.