cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

I am Buying a TV at BestBuy.. what card will give the most return?

The tv will cost approximately $4000.  I want to make sure I get the best return on it.

I thought my 1080p was cool but when I went to visit bestbuy those 4k resolution tv's are looking much sharper.  Need to get rid of this 1080p crap in my living room.

4k TV is a waste imo as most channels on cable are only upscaled to 1080p atm..  Really Blu-Rays are the only way to watch 4k.  It still has years to go before the bandwidth and cable companies in my opinion will support it..  With that said I would keep your current 1080p tv or get a newer one that you want,but don't waste 4k on a 4k tv.. What you were watching at bestbuy was one on a select movies that support it..  Yes it is coming, but why not wait until the price drops when it actually makes it to main stream.

Now if you are set on it, I probably would use an Amex or something for an extra year of warranty.

My 2 cents.. Off to bed

True.  And they already have a new one out.  We wanted to jump on it also.  But decided to wait for that reason.  And that would mean new receiver.  I do understand.  Everytime I see one, I am in awe.  Smiley Wink

Yeah but sort of like a house in my opinion, you get the best TV you can at the time and keep it for a decade or more.  Possible exception if there's something new and game changing coming out in the near future.

I picked up a few year old Pioneer Pro Elite (version right before the fabulous Kuro) back in 2006 which still looks excellent today regardless of what I throw at it, but I also am only sitting 10 ft. away for viewing distance... upgrading to 1080p wouldn't have bought me much in terms of resolution.  Electric bill more than doubles if I run it non-trivially but meh, still purty, and amortized out it's cheaper than the money I utterly waste on things with absolutely no redeeming value at all.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.