Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Comenity

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Comenity

@UncleB wrote:

EmmaGolden, I would have done the exact same thing in your situation.  With them closing one card, I would have been nervous every time I went to use the remaining card - and I don't put up with cards that make me nervous!

I'm so glad I don't have any cards with Comenity!

Just Say No to Comenity!

ezgif.com-resize.gif

+ a million!!! No way. No how!

Message 11 of 46
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Good for you being proactive; however, as I keep trying to remind people, closures aren't unique to comenity. They are tightening up at the moment, but do a search and you'll find stories about Amex, chase, citi, Barclay's, etc shutting down accounts. It seems comenity is changing their standards. Not saying I agree with how they went about it, but don't fool yourself into thinking this couldn't happen with other lenders. Credit cards are unsecured debt so lenders tend to take it away more quickly when they see inquiries, escalating debt, etc. OP, you had 3 additional inquiries within 6 weeks, that could be seen as "too many" per the new standard and there's no need to tell comenity "they don't meet your standard now" - they were just managing their risk how they apparently see fit. Most people have a couple inquiries a year if that for credit cards.

My point is everyone should only rely on credit to a point because ultimately, it's not ones own money and these things happen. Plenty of similar complaints with other issuers.

Point is taken & I agree with what you are saying about any lender. Credit to me is earned & a privilege that can be withdrawn at any time. I do not carry any balances on any of my cards, they are PIF except a small amount left as I am establishing credit at this point. To me those 3 inquiries are nothing but to Comenity it was excessive. I'm assuming I triggered the review with an app for their NY & Co. store card, which they denied based on a report from Sagestream but they also pulled EQ, one of the 3 new inquiries. Smiley Wink The other was Discover, who denied me for lack of history & Verizon wireless. 

Message 12 of 46
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You talked to a human? I just used the robot lady when I dumped mine.

I started with the robot but was transferred because I assuming the Orbitz had already been closed.

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

EmmaGolden, I would have done the exact same thing in your situation.  With them closing one card, I would have been nervous every time I went to use the remaining card - and I don't put up with cards that make me nervous!

I'm so glad I don't have any cards with Comenity!

Just Say No to Comenity!

ezgif.com-resize.gif

+ a million!!! No how no way!

Same here!

Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd probably do the same thing.

Commenity has lost their minds...I wonder what exactly is going on over there and what the fallout will be...

Can't blame you for missing the purple card...

Message 15 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the fact that you told them that "as a lender they don't meet your standards of quality." +1

They don't really meet anyone's standards of quality anymore. Jerks. Sorry this happened.

Message 16 of 46
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I love the fact that you told them that "as a lender they don't meet your standards of quality." +1

They don't really meet anyone's standards of quality anymore. Jerks. Sorry this happened.

+1

Just to add - for the uninitiated - whenever you close a card with a CSR they always ask "why" and you have to give them something to type in (unless you just want to be difficult) so in this case EmmaGolden was simply being truthful and direct - it is indeed true that Comenity no longer meets her standards.  To be clear, she was not being rude to the CSR. 

There's nothing wrong with politely stating the truth... business is business, after all, and they can certainly use the feedback.  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 46
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Just to add - for the uninitiated - whenever you close a card with a CSR they always ask "why" and you have to give them something to type in (unless you just want to be difficult) so in this case EmmaGolden was simply being truthful and direct - it is indeed true that Comenity no longer meets her standards.  To be clear, she was not being rude to the CSR. 

There's nothing wrong with politely stating the truth... business is business, after all, and they can certainly use the feedback.  Smiley Wink

The lady I spoke with was pleasant & professional.we even ended the conversation pleasantly. I would be lucky to deal with her again but with another lender. I never call & argue, no matter what happens. I will try to explain & ifI get frustrated will try to pleasantly end the conversation. Dealing with these reps is in no way personal, they are only the front line & have no control over ploicy.

Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

Definitely agree, UncleB Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 46
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Congrats on your decesion! That orbitz visa is hard to get though haha.

It did have decent rewards, maybe the reason why they are tighter with it. Oh well, looks like my next vacation will not be booked through Orbitz Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.