Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Comenity

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Bye Bye Comenity

@EmmaGolden wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
Congrats on your decesion! That orbitz visa is hard to get though haha.

It did have decent rewards, maybe the reason why they are tighter with it. Oh well, looks like my next vacation will not be booked through Orbitz Smiley Wink

From your signature it looks like you're 'in' with Synchrony... if you're interested in a all-around excellent card for travel, give the Sam's Club MasterCard a look. 

5% rewards on gas (anywhere), 3% on restaurants and 3% on travel (including hotels, airlines and rail) isn't too shabby!  Smiley Wink

(Disclaimer:  I really like my Sam's Club MasterCard!)

Message 21 of 46
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Thank you Uncle B for the suggestion. I definitely will consider rejoining Sam's 

Lol my typing & spelling needs some work Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Me too love Sam's MC. It's my daily driver! Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

CongratsOP!
Message 24 of 46
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

LOL nice you pretty much told them who's ultimately in charge. They closed my TR Visa for no reason also and when I called they guy said it was something on my credit report that caused them to close it. My report is clean.  Was it the $17k+ payments I make to several of my cards every month? Hmmmm sorry commenity I'm not begging you to reopen tha card. Buh Bye

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 25 of 46
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

May be Amex should make a deal with Virgin America and take that away from Comenity. I have that card and would hate to lose it because Comenity decided that I am no longer fitting in their criteria. 

May be tweeting VX about the issue is a good idea. 

Message 26 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an awesome move. I'm so glad I don't have any Comenity cards!
Message 27 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

So happy for you. Just filed a CFPB case against them. They closed my accoun for excessive inquiries (for an apartment to live in while at college) REDICULOUS! They did it right during the middle of my vegas vacation with my Total Rewards card. They stink.

Message 28 of 46
score_building
Senior Contributor

Sounds like OP handled it in respectful way that was meaningful to her, ultimately it's not of consequence if a card holder reacts to a closure by saying a lender no longer meets card holder standards--they didn't apply to loan you money, so (true or not) it sorta betrays a certain lack of maturity and limited understanding of the nature of the relationship.

It's really of no consequence to them one way or another; won't hinder them from pursuing their u/w agenda to minimize real or imagined risk, or even sending another invitation to apply a few weeks after closure. 

They generate enough new app approvals to keep card holder volume profitable many times over, in anticipation of a melt. A vet card holder knows to diversify, roll with the punches and chose audience with discretion--a frontline rep isn't the most appropriate one to decry unpalatable bank card customer relations, an approach akin to chatting in a vacuum unfortunately, it typically falls on deaf ears.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 29 of 46
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So happy for you. Just filed a CFPB case against them. They closed my accoun for excessive inquiries (for an apartment to live in while at college) REDICULOUS! They did it right during the middle of my vegas vacation with my Total Rewards card. They stink.

Not to discourage you, but it's not really a CFPB case, IMO. If you rack up a lot of inquiries, that can be percieved as risky or credit hungry behavior, and Comenity isn't the only credit card lender who's going to react to that. All credit cards have "we can close your account at any time" clauses, so not sure there's much if any recourse.

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.