Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye Juniper!!

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Bye Bye Juniper!!

Well, today Juniper dropped my CL from $2500 to $2050 and raised my APR to 26.24% about 6 months ago.  I have had about enough of all these CCC's.  They are really going to screw themselves in the future when customers drop off and vow to never do business with them again.  I just talked to the CSR and he said it was because of my utilization which is from 0% accounts that have about a year or so left.  I told them I wasn't going to pay them off since they were 0% and he said when I do I can have my $450 back. I laughed and told himthink again!!

HA!!  So, I paid in full and closed the account!!  I will never use another CC from them again.  I feel so free from these SNAKES and all the others that have treated me and others the same way!! I don't care what it does to my credit score anymore.  Like always it will recover.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Bye Bye Juniper!!

Good for you.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper instantly approved me online for $3500 CL and 7.9% fixed APR back in Dec 2008. I went online and do research about Barclays Juniper Credit cards review and I saw tons of complaining and scary stuff. I dont want to be another victim so I immediately pull my credit report and got the account number. I wrote a letter in and cancel the card. The card arrive about a month later and cut it half and trash..

Message 3 of 19
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Juniper instantly approved me online for $3500 CL and 7.9% fixed APR back in Dec 2008. I went online and do research about Barclays Juniper Credit cards review and I saw tons of complaining and scary stuff. I dont want to be another victim so I immediately pull my credit report and got the account number. I wrote a letter in and cancel the card. The card arrive about a month later and cut it half and trash..

That's awesome!!

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah cant believe I did that but save myself trouble with them. I saw more negatives and complaining about Juniper than any other CC online..Freak me out so badly lolz
Message 5 of 19
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Thats what I would do get rid of those rate jackers if you can get with a credit union NFCU is awesome so is USAA its not really a credit union but My Fico seems to treat it like it is. I closed all those same accounts like 6 months ago and score took a 10 to 15 point drop but did'nt hurt anything I've since received auto clis from NFCU and USAA so the point loss was nothing even took a hit for new house loan lol .. ditch em u will feel good

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

dallasjetfan, yes good for you! I did the same with B of A.
Message 7 of 19
ECHOBOI4U
New Contributor

After 2 full years of on time payments and never an issue, they closed my account without notice and said they could just do it because I needed them.  I had just paid my balances to zero so no problem.  I simply told them that now my spouse would be closing thier 2 accounts and that we will never do business with them again.  I told the supervisor that I was appalled that a native bank to my family's heritage (familt imigrated from Manchester England many years ago) would be so rude and crass.  I wished them to burn in hell and we never looked back.  Best thing we ever did.
Message 8 of 19
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@ECHOBOI4U wrote:
After 2 full years of on time payments and never an issue, they closed my account without notice and said they could just do it because I needed them.  I had just paid my balances to zero so no problem.  I simply told them that now my spouse would be closing thier 2 accounts and that we will never do business with them again.  I told the supervisor that I was appalled that a native bank to my family's heritage (familt imigrated from Manchester England many years ago) would be so rude and crass.  I wished them to burn in hell and we never looked back.  Best thing we ever did.

I'm so glad to hear about other people dumping them too.  The CSR that I talked to was very pleasant, but he thinks they are doing me a favor by offering me a CC with 26+%!!  I have a few with 0% at this point and 2 that are below 9% interest.  At this point, I don't care if all the banks that do business like this fail.

Message 9 of 19
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I dumped Juniper/apple card , BOA, Chase, Macys, Target, Bloomingdales, hubby dumped AMEX, after speaking with reps from USAA and NFCU about having those accounts take up low credit line space on my credit reports that I would receive better CLI's and I started dumping em back on 2008 never lookin back and reps were right on clis are great mortgage rate was locked in at 4.5 It did wonders dumping those accounts!!!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.