Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

Bye Bye Orchard

Today marks 3 years w/orchard. When I got it 3 yrs ago, NO ONE but first premier would give me a cc, so i was desperate for any cc, even though orchard had a hideous 79 AF. In 3 yrs, I've had ONE cli for 200.

Today I called, asked for 0 AF + a cli. They countered w/50% AF + NO cli...mind you, i've NEVER been late or overlimit, used the cc monthly and charged A LOT, etc. They wouldn't budget on the AF or cli, so I fired them. They said they aren't giving clis even though I KNOW they gave them out as little as 1-2 wks ago b/c plenty of people posted here and on other boards about orchard auto clis.

It felt good to finally be @ the point where I DON'T need them. I'll replace the lost cl w/a Usaa 1.5k secured cc + in 1-2 mos., a NFCU cc (even if I have to go the secured route).

So long orchard. I'd miss you if you @ least had cashback rewards like my cap 1 (I earn way more cashback than the AF) or if you'd at least have waived the AF. In a way, closing this reminded me of how far i've come credit wise. Things seemed so bleak 3 yrs ago, but now, it's time to move on up
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Bye Bye Orchard

Congratulations. I remember how good it felt to fire them, too!

Good for you!

Super Contributor
DI

I may have missed it in your post, but have you already replaced the card.
Contributor
xchap

+1    I also remember orchard and jupiter  yes it felt really good getting rid of them

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

DI, I'm getting a 1.5k secured usaa cc this week or next.  after that, i'm joining nfcu + either getting an unsecured cc or a 5k secured cc.  that should replace the orchard 800 cl + then some.
Frequent Contributor
MrChairman

I fired Orchard this week too. Same situation as yours basically. 2+ years only a 100 CLI. I called and asked for CLI + no AF. They said no, I said cancel. End of story. Felt great doing it!!!

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 695 (26 JUN 2013), Equifax: 636 (26 JUN 2013), Experian: 670 (26 JUN 2013)
Goal Score:All scores 700+ by Dec 2013!!

Regular Contributor
armymom

Congratulations!!  Can't wait until I can give Orchard the pink slip myself.
EQ Fico 01/10 743
TU Fico 01/10 716
Established Member
SJP57

Yup, im in the same boat, they've got a 59 AF with a 1500 CL, havent given me a CLI since Aug 07 right as the economy was tanking...now i really see no need for the AF. 

I just dont want to mess around with the age of the count..Its been open since 6/2005 and has the longest tenure on my report. 

Starting Score: 586
Current Score: 732
Goal Score: 800

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

i think i'm going to kick my orchard platinum to the curb before the AF hits in june.  i emailed them recently & they said NO CLIs FOR YOU SUCKA!!!  so i'm kicking it out of my wallet.  it will only be 2 years old, but it's only got a $400 CL, & a $59 AF :smileymad:
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

Sjp, the acct will stay on your report for 7-10 yrs, so it won’t (or shouldn’t) mess w/the age.  Due to being "underground" for quite awhile credit wise, my AAOA is fairly young anyways, so fico impact should be minimal.  I have 6 other ccs opened between 08-09 + I'll be opening up a USAA + NFCU secured ccs soon, so that should more than cover the loss of orchard.

I just couldn’t justify paying orchard for another year for a cc w/o rewards, a cl I can’t really use much (I travel A LOT, so usually had to max the cc out/use several ccs to book a trip), + most importantly, little to NO chance for a cli.  Seriously, 1 200$ cli in 3 years w/flawless history on the acct?  What irked me a bit is that I saw others (most of whom barely had their orchards for 6 mos.) recently get auto 200 clis.  Every time I called in 3 years, I kept getting some song and dance about why they would NOT give me a cli.  Had they totally waived the AF, I would’ve stayed w/them, but I just couldn’t justify paying nearly $40 for another year w/them.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}