cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Travelocity Rewards - Hello Arrival World MasterCard!

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Bye Travelocity Rewards - Hello Arrival World MasterCard!

I kinda saw this coming considering Travelocity was purchased by Expedia last year.

(Picture downloaded from my phone right side up but uploaded here sideways...can't figure out how to rotate it lol)

IMG_2953 (1).JPG

IMG_2956 (1).JPG

IMG_2958 (1).JPG

Nice!!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bye Travelocity Rewards - Hello Arrival World MasterCard!

my neck hurts...lol
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't the minimum limit for a world mastercard 5k?  I got the same mailer, but my limit on this card is a laughable $600.  I have other cards with limits over $20k, but Barclays has never budged on my $600 lol.

Message 3 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

So travelocity Amex was their reward structure anything more than the standard arrival world mc and its lackluster rewards?

And no u can get approved for a wmc with a 500 dollar limit lots different than visas more rigid stance on dollar amount limit
Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't the minimum limit for a world mastercard 5k?  I got the same mailer, but my limit on this card is a laughable $600.  I have other cards with limits over $20k, but Barclays has never budged on my $600 lol.

Not necessarily, at least not by Barclays' standards.  For instance, there are Arrival (non-plus) WMC cards with CLs < $5K.  Same applies for Sallie Mae and others.  Citi also issues WMCs below the $5K threshold.

Well, looks like I'll be folding this card into my Sallie Mae and when that one dies-off (whenver that is) I'll fold that one into Hawaiian Airlines.

Message 5 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Huh, i guess i don't pay much attention to these sites. Didn't know expedia purchased both orbitz and travelocity. Maybe the expedia credit cards will get a little more exciting then.
Message 6 of 10
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Bye Bye Travelocity we gonna miss you 

Message 7 of 10
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Huh, i guess i don't pay much attention to these sites. Didn't know expedia purchased both orbitz and travelocity. Maybe the expedia credit cards will get a little more exciting then.

Well, it WAS on CNBC.  Smiley Wink

Forgot about orbitz, here is an article that gives the two major players, and smaller players entering the field.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2015/02/13/winners-and-losers-when-expedia-buys-orbitz/

Makes it it easier for Amex travel portal to raise prices.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 10
printosaur
New Contributor

Barclays says my Travelocity points will transfer  1 to 1 to Arrival World MC -- but what will they be worth? There is a whole redemption scheme for the Travelocity co-brand card that favored travel booked ON Travelocity --

Message 9 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

1000 points is $10

1 cent per point with arrival. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.