Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye First Premier!

tag
baskball33
Valued Member

Bye bye First Premier!

I have said twice now that I was canceling First Premier.  Well, it is finally time.  I am sending the last payment and getting rid of them!!!  Annual fee would have been coming next month for one of them, so no more waiting.  No idea why I waited this long...again.  I really can't say they didn't help me out.  They did help me to build my credit and make it so I was able to get other (better) cards.  They've served their purpose, after charging me a lot of fees over the years and it's time to move on!

Good riddance FP!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Bye bye First Premier!

Congrats.  So what other cards did you get?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 7
baskball33
Valued Member

Oh, nothing terribly exciting.  I have one from my Credit Union and a Capital One.  Most importantly, no annual/monthly fees and lower interest rates. 

Message 3 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

I cant wait to do that to one of my Cap one card with a $60 AF. My CL is $500 and has stayed this way for over 3 years now. They wont budge on the CLI.

I first have to get a prime CC with a decent limit..

Message 4 of 7
tdbss
Valued Member

Congrats, and keep it going.  I have kept mine open for credit history purposes, but thinking about closing soon when the next annual fee is imposed. Paying 6 bucks a month to just keep open, ontop of the 72 a year is starting to get wearysome. My interest shot up from 17.9% to 22.9% last year with the new CC laws, even though my history and scores kept rising, thought that was crazy how that worked.

10.28.09 EQ 571 TU 606
11.24.09 EQ 611 TU 566
1.3.10 EQ 653 TU 566
2.6.10 EQ670 TU598
5.4.10EQ691
9.17.10 EQ658 TU682
Message 5 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, cards like these have their place in rebuilding, but it is wonderful to be at a point where one has moved past them. Congrats on getting to that point! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

My AAoA is currently 5 years and all my 3 credit cards have been opened 3.5 years ago. I wonder how cutting one of them could affect my scores.

I however ju opened to AMEX charge cards backdated to 10 years ago. This might overcome it if i was to close one of my cap one with the $60 AF

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.