Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye Orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bye bye Orchard

Cancelled my Orchard Bank CC today.  Had it for about 1.5 yrs with $750 CL.  Was actually my newest acct and substantially lowest CL.  And of course they offered to cut AF in half (credit back) if I stayed with them.  But I see this card as a hold back.

If I am going to spend, its going to be with a bank or CU that works with me and has Rewards Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye bye Orchard

Wow!  You've come a long way in a year and a half.
Message 2 of 11
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats! Must be a great feeling letting it go.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, actually it's been about 4 years in the making.  And I have had a BoA card with $10k since 2006.  Don't know why I app'ed for Orchard, probably a popup late at night, didn't know who/what they were and said "hmmm, let's  see what they say" only to learn after it was a card not worth having at my stage of building back.  That's not to say they wouldn't have been a good fit a few years earlier.
Message 4 of 11
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would close them too if I had a PenFed Cashback Visa. I can't be mad at you for that one.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually went with the PenFed Travel Reward Visa.  Planning to use my Reward cards to pay for vacations.

I upgraded CapOne to a No Hassle Miles Reward Ultra, changed out Orchard for PenFed Travel, added Alliant and Discover Escape (is Discover Miles with double rewards).

Once my new CapOne gets here I will call in to transfer current $1K CL to new Reward card, then close original.

Plus Chase let me product change my WAMU Plat Visa nothing card ($3.5k) to a Freedom Reward.

Lastly, keeping my BoA Plat Plus $10k.  I wonder if they would product change/convert to World MC Reward?

No more builder cards! 

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-30-2009 10:58 AM
Message 6 of 11
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Awesome results you've had, TX!!  I'm dumping my HSBC with it's very generous $300 credit limit in October when they try to bill me for an annual fee and not until then, so I can tell them what to do with the AF and their card...Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I should have done that.  I just paid the AF in January.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, you've made such great strides in just a year.  What was the major difference in your reports from then and now?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing magical....just the same 'ole principles that are taught here.

And it has been 4 years in the making....not just 1.  Time, the one constant of credit.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.