Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye bye Virgin Visa - UPDATE

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Bye bye Virgin Visa - UPDATE

I just want to clarify that I'm just venting out, I know the consequences of what I did, so please, if you reply don't use snarky comments.

Last weekend I was approved for the Virgin America Visa. As soon as I received the card I added it to Apple Pay and of course it required verification. I called in, told the CSR I wanted to activate my card for usage on Apple Pay. The CSR said she was unable to pull the verification questions (I'm assuming from public records) and that I would be contacted by another department within 24 hours. This never happened.

48 hours passed and I called again, explaning that I never received a call and that for some reason the other agent was unable to pull the verification questions. I asked politely why it was so hard to add the card whenever other issuers just send a text to your phone (I know all banks are not the same) and its done. Out of the blue the lady starts raising her voice at me yellin that if the questions failed I would have to wait for the other department to call me. I never said that the verification questions failed. She keep yelling saying that I'm still able to use the card and she doesn't know what the big deal is.

At that moment I stopped her and said to her "You know what? Go ahead and close my account." I have never been treated like that and I will not start now. I know that I could have reported her behavior to a supervisor but I was in shock of the treatment I received. Also, I will add that the CSR was based in the US. Needless to say, the account is now closed and Comenity Bank is forever blacklisted for me.

Thanks for letting me vent and please respect my decision.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bye bye Virgin Visa

I would ask to speak to her supervisor or somone in management. Your emotion took the best of you as did she...only problem was, you wasted a HP for it. But I am sorry to hear. That sucks!

Message 2 of 24
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would ask to speak to her supervisor or somone in management. Your emotion took the best of you as did she...only problem was, you wasted a HP for it. But I am sorry to hear. That sucks!

At this point HP's are irrelevant, I have about 15 on EQ so I'm not concerned. It wasn't just emotion, also the lack of communication. Neither of them would transfer me to the department that was able to "conjure the magic questions" that would allow me to activate Apple Pay.

Message 3 of 24
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Did you make an emotional decision? Sure, but who amongst us has not at one time or another. You did what you felt was right and as long as you feel comfortable with it then that's all that matters. It's probably a good thing to end your relationship with comenity anyway with all the grief they have been causing as of late.
Message 4 of 24
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Kudos Smiley Happy I applaud you 

Message 5 of 24
ddemari
Super Contributor

When I had virgin visa I called to do the Apple Pay and failed the verification questions (not my fault btw but long story)

Never heard anything from them and then they closed the card on me the next month. Forget them.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You expected to get some action from a Virgin?
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't blame you for your actions! I would have done the same thing.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Knowing what I now know about Comedy Bank, and knowing how I can get when you get on my bad side, I have to agree, the OP isn't alone in making rash decisions.

Sucks for the OP if he flies Virgin a lot, but I definitely don't blame him for this.  If anything, he might want to follow up with Virgin, letting them know that Comenity's actions sully the reputation of the company.

Message 9 of 24
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Knowing what I now know about Comedy Bank, and knowing how I can get when you get on my bad side, I have to agree, the OP isn't alone in making rash decisions.

Sucks for the OP if he flies Virgin a lot, but I definitely don't blame him for this.  If anything, he might want to follow up with Virgin, letting them know that Comenity's actions sully the reputation of the company.

Is there any news as to when Alaska and Virgin America's award programs will merge, or whether BofA will stay on as issuer of the surviving program's card?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.