Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C'mon Target...

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: C'mon Target...

I'd just close it if I were you. I did. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 47
Azumi1
Regular Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Azumi1 wrote:

I got their attention but it didn't do me much good. I emailed the president of TD Bank, and was later contacted by the Target EO.  This was done mid-July.   I received a call a few days ago.....they gave me a cli of $200.   I've had the card for 18 years and that's all I get.  I'm seriously thinking about closing the account after I try for a house next year.  Obviously they don't care about their cardholders, so why should I put my money in their pockets. I don't even shop there anymore. 

Jeez, u got the EO to call u and u got a $200 CLI?! wow.

And it took them 2 months to decide to give me that Smiley Sad   

From 566 in 8/2012 to..

EQ 704 /TU 690 / EX 730

Discover IT 6000, Amex BCE 10000, FNBO Amex 3500, Cap 1 platinum 2000, Walmart Discover 5000, Orchard Bank platinum 3000, Best Buy 5000, Merrick Bank 1600, Target Visa 700
Message 12 of 47
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Azumi1 wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Azumi1 wrote:

I got their attention but it didn't do me much good. I emailed the president of TD Bank, and was later contacted by the Target EO.  This was done mid-July.   I received a call a few days ago.....they gave me a cli of $200.   I've had the card for 18 years and that's all I get.  I'm seriously thinking about closing the account after I try for a house next year.  Obviously they don't care about their cardholders, so why should I put my money in their pockets. I don't even shop there anymore. 

Sorry to hear, but I'm just literally LoL-ing now. Call to cancel...

Message 13 of 47
Azumi1
Regular Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Azumi1 wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Azumi1 wrote:

It's my oldest tradeline....I want to wait until I have my mortage first. That won't be until next year. 

From 566 in 8/2012 to..

EQ 704 /TU 690 / EX 730

Discover IT 6000, Amex BCE 10000, FNBO Amex 3500, Cap 1 platinum 2000, Walmart Discover 5000, Orchard Bank platinum 3000, Best Buy 5000, Merrick Bank 1600, Target Visa 700
Message 14 of 47
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Azumi1 wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Azumi1 wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Azumi1 wrote:

It's my oldest tradeline....I want to wait until I have my mortage first. That won't be until next year. 

oh ok. well if you don't use it anymore, just sock drawer the heck out of it <--- whatever that means...

Message 15 of 47
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Azumi1 wrote:

If you close it, it will still be your oldest TL for the next ten years.  Closing it won't bring down your AAoA and it sounds like it would hardly budge your UTIL.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 47
lithium78
Established Contributor

I've been stuck at $1000 for over four years now (after they increased it from $200).  Honestly, I have never needed to buy more than $1000 in one shot from Target, so it hasn't really been an issue.  I get the 5% discount and free shipping from Target.com (and extended return time if necessary), which is nice.  I have been getting a lot of Target gift cards from friends lately, so I haven't used the card very much in a while, but I will probably keep it open forever, because there is no AF and it's helping my AAoA.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 47
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

CUHLOSE 'er.
Target/or TD who the fuh ever needs a reality check. You can't give people a $300 cl and expext them to use the card...
Hell $18 later and you're at 9% util. I hardly expect a loan officer to be worried with a $200 CL.
No effect on aaoa at all. I promise. I closed 5 of my oldest cards and score didn't drop a bit.
Unless you have issues obtaining other cards or have no other cards, I would close it.
The odds are against you unfortunately. I got a $300 cl a few years back. After 1.5 years of running about 1000-2000 thru it w pif and no clis, I closed it. They didn't even care.
They did send me 10% coupons though every time I tried to close it like three months in a row...
Too bad 10% off of $200 is ONLY $20. Wth
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 47
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lithium78 wrote:

I've been stuck at $1000 for over four years now (after they increased it from $200).  Honestly, I have never needed to buy more than $1000 in one shot from Target, so it hasn't really been an issue.  I get the 5% discount and free shipping from Target.com (and extended return time if necessary), which is nice.  I have been getting a lot of Target gift cards from friends lately, so I haven't used the card very much in a while, but I will probably keep it open forever, because there is no AF and it's helping my AAoA.

+1

That's pretty much the reason why I kept my Target Visa open for so long.  Interestingly enough this year I received two auto-CLIs...more than it has gotten in the last couple years.  For one, the Visa version is no longer offered.  Now, whether TD Bank decides to reincarnate it again is beyond anyone's guess since at this point it's just speculation, nothing concrete.

Message 19 of 47
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

The target REDcard gives free shipping online? Is there a purchase amount requirement?

Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.