Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C'mon Target...

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Re: C'mon Target...

Yeah, i need to look into this debit card. Is this the same as the Amex Target prepaid card? A little confused...

Message 31 of 47
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

Yeah, i need to look into this debit card. Is this the same as the Amex Target prepaid card? A little confused...

No. Target has their own Target Debit Card. It ties directly to your bank account. You have to apply in store with a voided check.

See here for the comparison between the Target Debit and Target Credit Cards. You'll see its basically the same.

ETA - There is no credit check for the Debit Card.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 32 of 47
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@sweettea wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

No. Target has their own Target Debit Card. It ties directly to your bank account. You have to apply in store with a voided check.

See here for the comparison between the Target Debit and Target Credit Cards. You'll see its basically the same.

Thanks for the info, i had lots of trouble finding that page!

Another Q: when i make a purchase with the debit card for say...$5.21, does it withdraw exactly $5.21 out of my bank account or does it withdraw a set amount - like $100?

Message 33 of 47
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@sweettea wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

Thanks for the info, i had lots of trouble finding that page!

Another Q: when i make a purchase with the debit card for say...$5.21, does it withdraw exactly $5.21 out of my bank account or does it withdraw a set amount - like $100?

It draws the exact purchase amount minus the computed 5%. The 5% is taken off the total right at the register once you swipe your Target Debit Card. Your account will be debited that final amount only.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 34 of 47
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

very cool. This is what I need for small purchases on target.com. Thanks, sweettea!

Message 35 of 47
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

very cool. This is what I need for small purchases on target.com. Thanks, @sweettea!

No problem, SuperKirby! Glad I can offer some help to another myfico member!

Message 36 of 47
d12
New Contributor

Just got an automatic CLI on my Target card for $200.  Wasn't expecting that!  I just got it in June.

Cap One Quicksilver ($10,000); Barclays Rewards WMC ($7200); Lowes ($4050); Wal-mart ($3250); HSN ($1800); Amazon ($2300); Sportsmans Guide Visa ($1400); Target ($700); Victoria's Secret ($900)

EX: 806, EQ: 780, WM TU: 806
Message 37 of 47
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

+1 - exactly why I decided not to take a credit card with a toy limit and a debit card instead.

@sweettea wrote:
I kept reading that Target is stingy on limits for their store card, so I only have their debit card for the 5% and free shipping. I don't believe the store card offers any additional special perks, so the debit card made the most sense for me.

Message 38 of 47
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

A friend of mine apped in store a few days ago. Mid 650 scores thin file, low income, $200 CL. He was super excited while I felt a little...Awkward. 

Message 39 of 47
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Target was my first rebuilder. I too started wtih a craptastical FICO score and got a 200 limit.  2 months later they bumped it to 1k and there it has sat for the past 7 years.  I use it weekly, and just pay it off every Sunday.  I've never needed more than 1k... and yes it is one of my lowest limits.  but it does serve its purpose. 5% free shipping, extended returns... all good.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.