cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1 Quicksilver vs Bank Americard Travel Rewards vs Barclay Arrival?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

C1 Quicksilver vs Bank Americard Travel Rewards vs Barclay Arrival?

If you are allowed to get only one, which one will you get and why?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: C1 Quicksilver vs Bank Americard Travel Rewards vs Barclay Arrival?

Well, I have both Travel Rewards & Barclaycard Arrival and if I have to choose only one then it'd be the Barclaycard for the 40,000 miles bonus plus the fact that it reports the CL to CRAs.  My Travel Rewards has the biggest CL for me (10k) and it isn't even reporting. Smiley Mad

Can't speak for Quicksilver since I don't do business with Cap1. Smiley Tongue

Btw, got my Arrival card last night, tried that luv button on their site and the rep called me within minutes. lol  He said my account is too new, just use it for awhile and then come back and try again.  Go figure. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I would apply for the Barclay arrival if I didn't already have the Travel Rewards card.   But I do prefer the point earning system on the BoA card.  I'd rather have 1.5 points on everything than have to selectively use my card for certain purchases to get better rewards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 13
HiLine
Blogger

I would opt for the BofA card, since my BofA banking account gives me an extra 10% bonus on the rewards Smiley Tongue

Also, Capital One and Barclays don't generally get positive feedback on here. I want to get in with Barclays some day for one of their better cards.

Message 4 of 13
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Well, the AF Barclay Arrival gets you 2x on everything and 10% back if redeemed for travel, so 2.2%. The QS card is just a flat 1.5%. IDK about the BOA card as I don't have it. If you like to travel I think the arrival is a no brainier in this scenario 

Message 5 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

wHiTeSoL wrote:

Well, the AF Barclay Arrival gets you 2x on everything and 10% back if redeemed for travel, so 2.2%. The QS card is just a flat 1.5%. IDK about the BOA card as I don't have it. If you like to travel I think the arrival is a no brainier in this scenario 

Unless you also don't like annual fees.  Personally, I don't want to be "forced" into using a particular card just because it has an annual fee that I need to justify.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 6 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Hmm..  on the Barclaycard, I wonder if we could PC it to another card with no AF...

Message 7 of 13
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

wHiTeSoL wrote:

Unless you also don't like annual fees.  Personally, I don't want to be "forced" into using a particular card just because it has an annual fee that I need to justify.

I don't have a BOA travel rewards card so I can't speak on it but I assumed the C1 QS and BA card would be the AF versions, they both also have a no AF available

Message 8 of 13
minipoly1
Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I would opt for the BofA card, since my BofA banking account gives me an extra 10% bonus on the rewards Smiley Tongue

Also, Capital One and Barclays don't generally get positive feedback on here. I want to get in with Barclays some day for one of their better cards.

I read on BofA website and they stated that 1.5 point per dollar for every purchase and 3 point per dollar for airline and other purchases made at BofA Travel Center, right?

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 9 of 13
hot4u
Established Contributor

Cap One Quicksilver no way they pull Hard .. Bank of america. They will hard pull for Cli's.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.