Did you mean: 

C1, YOU SUCK. Amex & Disc, you ROCK

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: C1, YOU SUCK. Amex & Disc, you ROCK

@maiden_girl wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Lol I rarely have used my Walmart Discover, but every place Ive randomly used it has accepted lol!

I won't be using my Walmart Discover for regular purchases (unless its walmart related)...I hate their online system. GECRB needs to tweak it a bit before I'll fully commit to using it. That and the APR is outrageous! LOL!

I think the vast majority of GE products are meant to be PIF cards, no one in their right mind would want to carry a balance Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 25
afjock21
Valued Member

@maiden_girl wrote:

LOL Discover needs to expand their network...I like the card but it annoys me to no end how many people don't accept Discover..bah.

Who doesn't accept Discover nowadays? I remember when I was younger it seemed like some old person type card, not quite an Amex, but definitely not a Visa or MC... Now being older and having it be my number one prime card with excellent limit for my current status in life I don't have any issues... Except this one Taco Bell, even though another Taco Bell takes it no problem, but that's a good thing to keep me away from my fast food poison fix Smiley Very Happy at that one chain location. I always stick my head out like REALLY? But it's all good.. Better for my health.

Message 12 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Lol I rarely have used my Walmart Discover, but every place Ive randomly used it has accepted lol!

I won't be using my Walmart Discover for regular purchases (unless its walmart related)...I hate their online system. GECRB needs to tweak it a bit before I'll fully commit to using it. That and the APR is outrageous! LOL!

I think the vast majority of GE products are meant to be PIF cards, no one in their right mind would want to carry a balance Smiley Very Happy

I actually have two balances with GE. Hehee. But they are both NO INTEREST for 12 and 18 months furniture purchases. I have until mid 2013 and early 2014 to pay before the interest kicks in. I hate interest. Never paid it and don't intend to start now! LOL!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@afjock21 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

LOL Discover needs to expand their network...I like the card but it annoys me to no end how many people don't accept Discover..bah.

Who doesn't accept Discover nowadays? I remember when I was younger it seemed like some old person type card, not quite an Amex, but definitely not a Visa or MC... Now being older and having it be my number one prime card with excellent limit for my current status in life I don't have any issues... Except this one Taco Bell, even though another Taco Bell takes it no problem, but that's a good thing to keep me away from my fast food poison fix Smiley Very Happy at that one chain location. I always stick my head out like REALLY? But it's all good.. Better for my health.

I went to Pacific Theatre and wanted to charge my Discover and the guy was like "I'm sorry we don't accept Discover!" I was like "NOOO but what about my cashback bonuses? The quarter is almost over!! Pleassee??" LMAO I've run into at least 5 places so far that are like NOOPE to discover. So I end up charging my stupid Cap1 Visa...

Message 14 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL!!!! Yeah... I only have a balance on one GE card.... Im about to pay my Wmt Discover in full as always!!! No thanks you to 22.9% interest. They will let you get a cash advance with the interest free grace period too though!!! Haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 25
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

LOL!!!! Yeah... I only have a balance on one GE card.... Im about to pay my Wmt Discover in full as always!!! No thanks you to 22.9% interest. They will let you get a cash advance with the interest free grace period too though!!! Haha

Can't afford to start racking up more debt. Gotta pay down my balances and get my UTIL in order before more credit..oh and find work..LOL.

Message 16 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I avoid Taco Bell like the plague...hard to though esp when I'm drunk hehhe since there's one so close to me!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 25
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My mom had a discover. I'm pretty sure she closed hers a long time ago. She just has the freedom now.

I like my discover card. Its my favorite Smiley Happy I don't use it as much as my amex or amazon card though.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 25
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@afjock21 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

A lot of places don't, and if you travel internationally many places don't accept Amex either. Where I'm at, about 80% of the merchants don't accept Amex and nobody accepts Discover.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 19 of 25
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@afjock21 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

A lot of places don't, and if you travel internationally many places don't accept Amex either. Where I'm at, about 80% of the merchants don't accept Amex and nobody accepts Discover.

The only exception that comes to mind is japan. Also all discover cards are no ftf,  so it's too bad that they have a limited international presence 

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.