CABELAS- No cash advance feature

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CABELAS- No cash advance feature

@pizza1 wrote:
OK....UPDATE!!!

Longest phone call of my life....I DIED!!! LOL

Anyway...after being transferred to credit, this is what I found out.

Your cash advance limit is 40% of your credit limit.

So if you're carrying a balance of $800, and your CL is $1k.....they will only let you have 40% of whats left which is $200= $8.00 LOL...

Theres my homework for this night!Smiley Wink

Excellent feedback.  So, I'm assuming the CA could go through the PLUS ATM network, or invariably any ATM + fees = highway robbery!

Message 21 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
OK....UPDATE!!!

So if you're carrying a balance of $800, and your CL is $1k.....they will only let you have 40% of whats left which is $200= $8.00 LOL...

Pizza, thanks for checking into this for everyone. Wouldn't this be 40% of $1,000 in this case? Do you mean 40% of credit limit, or 40% of available credit? Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 51
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

I had to google that bank, looks like they only issue cabelas cards? interesting, seems they are a bank with a spotty background lol.

ive actually never applied for this card lol. 

Kinda surprised that you missed the big rush on this one in approvals, maybe a couple of times there was a run on apping them.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

I had to google that bank, looks like they only issue cabelas cards? interesting, seems they are a bank with a spotty background lol.

Kinda surprised that you missed the big rush on this one in approvals, maybe a couple of times there was a run on apping them.

I think its because when I used to see the Cabela's approvals I was not on the comenity visa side yet and thought comenity visa=instant denial. but this card isnt comenity lol.

then I realized Id only take a sporting goods store visa if it were through SCT. I dont even know who this card pulls? it is seriously one of those cards I have never been the least remote interested in, prior comenity stigma and all lol. 

They pull EQ exclusively, and If I got approved with all my Negs, BK, and my EQ score at the time I think was around 655?? YOu could be approved too!   Also..Just some info to help you make a sound decision on getting this card. 

1)..YOu cant see pending transactions, only changes in available credit!  Thats why I had no idea my card had fraud!! Remember my Cabelas fraud post??? 

2)...What SL you get, it what youre stuck with for 6 months!! They wont consider a CLI until your acct has been open for 6 months, and its ALWAYS a HP for a CLI!!!

Smiley Happy

Right.  I think yours may have been an isolated situation (not sure how many have gone through the same scenario though given fraud instances happen all the time).

So, this is "almost" like a CU in a sense ddemari.  And, there are plenty of smaller banks that have similar platforms and credit policies that may not provide real-time pending transaction information and may require a certain timeframe for requesting a CLI.  Now, that being said, they do periodically review accounts (I believe a couple times per year?) and auto-CLIs do happen for accounts that qualify.  I have received 3 so far since I've had the card but I put moderate spend on it.

Message 23 of 51
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
OK....UPDATE!!!

So if you're carrying a balance of $800, and your CL is $1k.....they will only let you have 40% of whats left which is $200= $80.00...

Pizza, thanks for checking into this for everyone. Wouldn't this be 40% of $1,000 in this case? Do you mean 40% of credit limit, or 40% of available credit? Thanks Smiley Happy

BOTH!!  The credit super guy told me it goes off of your CL.  lets take my limit to use as an example.....my limit is $1k 

Guy told me that for example.....Im carrying a balance of $800 and my CL is $1k.  They are NOT going to give me 40% of the $1k on top of my balance, they will let me have 40% of whats left of the CL...which is $200=$80.00 cash advance.  

Did I explain that better??

For the record...Im not searching for a cash advance, and my balance is currently ZERO, LOL... I was just using that as an example!! Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 24 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean 80.00?     40% of 200 is 80.00?

Message 25 of 51
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you mean 80.00?     40% of 200 is 80.00?

YES!!  Sorry..I thought I typed that, LOL!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 51
ddemari
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

I think its because when I used to see the Cabela's approvals I was not on the comenity visa side yet and thought comenity visa=instant denial. but this card isnt comenity lol.

then I realized Id only take a sporting goods store visa if it were through SCT. I dont even know who this card pulls? it is seriously one of those cards I have never been the least remote interested in, prior comenity stigma and all lol. 

They pull EQ exclusively, and If I got approved with all my Negs, BK, and my EQ score at the time I think was around 655?? YOu could be approved too!   Also..Just some info to help you make a sound decision on getting this card. 

1)..YOu cant see pending transactions, only changes in available credit!  Thats why I had no idea my card had fraud!! Remember my Cabelas fraud post??? 

2)...What SL you get, it what youre stuck with for 6 months!! They wont consider a CLI until your acct has been open for 6 months, and its ALWAYS a HP for a CLI!!!

Smiley Happy

Right.  I think yours may have been an isolated situation (not sure how many have gone through the same scenario though given fraud instances happen all the time).

So, this is "almost" like a CU in a sense ddemari.  And, there are plenty of smaller banks that have similar platforms and credit policies that may not provide real-time pending transaction information and may require a certain timeframe for requesting a CLI.  Now, that being said, they do periodically review accounts (I believe a couple times per year?) and auto-CLIs do happen for accounts that qualify.  I have received 3 so far since I've had the card but I put moderate spend on it.

Good info FinStar. 

Message 27 of 51
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Smiley Happy

Good info FinStar. 

They sell UGGS online, LMAO! Smiley Wink

Message 28 of 51
ddemari
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Smiley Happy

Good info FinStar. 

hahahaha, even better! hmmm, i want to apply just to see the results. worst type of app for me haha. 

Message 29 of 51
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Smiley Happy

Good info FinStar. 

hahahaha, even better! hmmm, i want to apply just to see the results. worst type of app for me haha. 

I'm awaiting the results Smiley Tongue   When I applied, I did it in the store and the plastic card was printed right then and there and eventually received the Signature version by mail (you can apply online of course).

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.