Contributor
hersheykisses

CALL GE BACKDOOR?

[ Edited ]

I've had my walmart card since 12/11 never been offered an upgrade to the Discover card, is that something i can call the backdoor # for?  Will it be a HP?  Or is it just offered via "my offers tab"?

Valued Contributor
FinStar

Re: CALL GE BACKDOOR?

kerbear1969 wrote:

I've had my walmart card since 12/11 never been offered an upgrade to the Discover card, is that something i can call the backdoor # for?  Will it be a HP?  Or is it just offered via "my offers tab"?

The GECRB "backdoor" or Credit Solutions team will not be able to upgrade any current WM card to the WM Discover card.  For the upgrade, individuals with an existing WM card would need to receive a pre-approved offer either online ("my offers" or via pop-up screen) or solicited via standard mail during any given promotional or marketing campaign.  For optimal elegibility, a clean CR profile, scores north of 700 in addition to other criteria (i.e. moderate spend, account in good standing and open >12 mos) should pave the way.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+