Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANCELLING AMEX WHAT CARDS?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CANCELLING AMEX WHAT CARDS?

No the AMEX have no Balance But my Discover has a 2.6K balance with 11k limit...so Utilization is a concern...but should i just wait....But i mean the inq wont fall off for awhile....can i dispute them? Especially the AMEX ones which most came from becasue of the F/R...

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have a high balance on your Discover card? I guess things are more stringent these days, and I've never actually applied for a card with that many inquiries, but I'm still surprised that inquiries alone would be affecting you that much. Even though you got the 7-10 days with Nordstrom, I'm guessing you'll get approved for it. Many people get the 7-10 days and then hear they are approved.

What are your inquires for, and what are the dates of them?

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

FROM AMEX F/R......EXPERIAN INQ r 4 from AMEX TU 3 AMEX Equifax-Citi BML and HSBC Neimans and AMEX mY dISCover is 2.6K balance with 11k limit

Message 13 of 29
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Just so I understand, you claimed that your income was $5 million and it was $245 thousand?

Creditors can close your accounts at any time - if you lie about certain facts, that is just going to upset them more.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

But anyones advice knowing all the info..i am concerned with UTL...but sinc e CapOne and Nordstrom both denied me...should i not apply anymore for anything they havent appeared yet on my Credit Report....I wouldnt mind just my Discover and the Saks World Elite with HSBC..but HSBC probably wont approve me

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one the application back in 93 it said Household Income.i thought they meant Cash avaliable So at the the time it was $5,000,000.00 plus Now even higher cause of Investment yields etc. And they arent cancelling my cards This is the 5th F/R these "GOOD PEOPLE" have done i have fed up thus i closed my ACCOUNTS not them

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless Nordstrom has gotten back to you already saying you've been declined, I don't think there's any reason to think they'll really decline you. The 7-10 day message does not mean you've been declined. If you do end up being declined, then there must be something going on with your report that we're missing here.

Considering that you've already racked up these recent inquiries and will probably have to wait 2 years to really get approved for anything, I would say just go ahead and apply for the card you're interested in. Worst that can happen is you're declined, and that inquiry will come off at the same time as your other recent inquiries. That's just my opinion.

Message 17 of 29
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Keep in mind the reason that most CC companies deny someone with a lot of recent inquiries is because they don't know if credit has been extended to you or not from these people. If someone just took out 4 new CCs at 5-10k each, that would indicate they most likely need money badly and are desperate. This would be a bad sign for a potential creditor. It doesn't matter if you got denied or accepted, the inquiries will hurt a lot for credit products until they fall off.

A manual review on a decline might net you some more leniency though if you explain what they were for.

This is more for my personal interest, but if you have that much cash available, why are you worrying so much about a credit card? The rewards are nice, but i'm sure your discover card has that. If you truly want a good credit product that won't hastle you, I would seek out a local credit union. If you plop a large sum of money in their bank, they will give you there best credit product most likely. Then you don't have to worry about FRs or anything of that nature.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 29
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
... I would look at Cabela's or the Nordstrom Visa. They both pull Equifax which has your least number of inquiries, and are seen as rebuilder cards - approve for lower scores. ......

I never seen anyone refer to Nordstom VISA as a rebuilder.    Especially since they only offer a signature card.     Anyone else think this is a rebuilder card.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So no World Elite Matercard Saks thru HSBC....I care about my UTL and how that will be effected....not so much the stupid cards

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.