Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: CANT BELIEVE IT!!!

@tylaw13 wrote:

Let me add i just finished with my credit union like 5 minutes ago refinancing my auto loan from 16% to 1.98% and taking 9 months off the loan! Payemnt went from 284 - 244. Sorry if im bragging im just very happy!

Great job!  You're going to save a lot of money.  That's the whole idea of having good credit, if you show some responsibility then companies will be happy to do business with you at a low cost.  I can't wait until I can get a rate like that!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 31 of 37
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Congrats!

I just got that card about 8 mo ago. Same CL as you. 2k. I was really surprised they gave me that much cause my my highest CL was 1k at the time. Then just after 60 days I used the wonderful CLI button on the website and BAM! 6k CL!! So yea I love me some AMEX!

I did just app for the starwood card the other day just to try cause I knew i was going to go into gardening mode and not app for anything for a while. I was dennied. Which I kind of expected. Got the letter today. It highlighted my age of AMEX account (8 mo's), the amount of my payments for my current BCE (since im in the intro 0% APR period I've not payed in full every month or even close to it.) and the number of inquiries (3). Thought this info may be helpful to those wanting a second AMEX card.

I'm very glad I got an AMEX as my second real card. Enjoy!

Don't forget to hit "THE BUTTON" on day 61. They don't even do a hard pull at that time they just use your previous pull and I think maybe do a soft pull. So don't srew up Smiley Happy

Message 32 of 37
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 37
adavis425
Established Contributor

Yes. AMEX is 24/7/365!
AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 34 of 37
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Congratulations, on y list of cards to get next.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 35 of 37
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX and Car Refi, Going from 16% to 1.9 is freakin AWESOME!!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 36 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the car refinance and the new card!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.