CAP 1 account combination

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP 1 account combination

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Right but you more than likely would have gotten the same result with patience as they streamline bugs in the feature.

Nevertheless, glad it worked out.

I am not a doctor.  patients is over rated 

Patience is not really overrated with credit. It yields better results. Had you been patient, instead of emailing the CEO of a company over a technical error, you likely would have had your issue fixed.

It's really not that big of a deal but it's the kind of EO misuse that apparently will continue even with the email. I guess people want to get the email shut off as well.

Agreed.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Right but you more than likely would have gotten the same result with patience as they streamline bugs in the feature.

Patience is not really overrated with credit. It yields better results. Had you been patient, instead of emailing the CEO of a company over a technical error, you likely would have had your issue fixed.

It's really not that big of a deal but it's the kind of EO misuse that apparently will continue even with the email. I guess people want to get the email shut off as well.

Agreed.

And I'm going to have to disagree. None of us have any idea if this is the result of a "technical error," or if Cap One has some unwritten rules about what cards can or can not be combined, or if they won't do it if the moon is full, or whatever.

There are clearly defined eligibilty factors which are on the account combination page, and if you meet those factors, you should be able to combine your cards. Granted, they've included some weasel words ("among other factors") which they fall back on when it doesn't work. If you contact their CSRs, as I have done, to try to find out why certain cards can't be combined, they are totally in the dark and are unable to assist. That is when we, as customers, have the right to escalate the issue to a party within a company who can get things done. Which at Cap One, only seems to be the EO. If they empowered their CSRs to be more than script readers, people wouldn't have to result to the EO. If they actually had supervisors who could get things done, people wouldn't be searching for the EO number or taking the time to email the CEO.

Remember people, this is a large, multinational corporation who made profits of $4.34 billion dollars in 2014. I think they'll survive if a few of their employees have to wade through some e-mails or take phone calls from people who want results from a company they are helping to rake in those profits.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Agreed.

And I'm going to have to disagree. None of us have any idea if this is the result of a "technical error," or if Cap One has some unwritten rules about what cards can or can not be combined, or if they won't do it if the moon is full, or whatever.

There are clearly defined eligibilty factors which are on the account combination page, and if you meet those factors, you should be able to combine your cards. Granted, they've included some weasel words ("among other factors") which they fall back on when it doesn't work. If you contact their CSRs, as I have done, to try to find out why certain cards can't be combined, they are totally in the dark and are unable to assist. That is when we, as customers, have the right to escalate the issue to a party within a company who can get things done. Which at Cap One, only seems to be the EO. If they empowered their CSRs to be more than script readers, people wouldn't have to result to the EO. If they actually had supervisors who could get things done, people wouldn't be searching for the EO number or taking the time to email the CEO.

Remember people, this is a large, multinational corporation who made profits of $4.34 billion dollars in 2014. I think they'll survive if a few of their employees have to wade through some e-mails or take phone calls from people who want results from a company they are helping to rake in those profits.

They have clearly defined which cards can and cannot be combined. If there are kinks to be worked out then it is best to wait until it is a mature system to avoid issues. How is it all of a sudden it is a conspiracy? "keep those suckers paying, muhuhahaha" Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Agreed.

Thank you.  it is amazing to see some people react in fear of the executive office all the sudden disappearing. lol.  

Message 14 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The problem is more when people do not try...this particular OP did at least try normal channels, but plenty of people just go for the EO because they think they will get what they want more easily (CLI, etc). They treat it like a magic wand. Account combining is a brand new feature. It is not going to work perfectly 100% of the time just a week or two after rollout (and it was broken for a good chunk of that). I'm not saying OP had no reason to escalate the issue, but a bit more patience could have been exercised since the account combining is not a pressing matter that can't possibly wait considering they didn't even offer such a thing until recently.

I agree there are circumstances that warrant EO but let's be honest here. The vast majority of credit card consumers have no idea what the EO is or that it exists. If they have a problem, what do they do? Call the regular old number on their card, and escalate to a manager if needed. Somehow, some way, these people still survive with their card card accounts and use them happily!

People resort to the EO out of impatience, misconception of what the EO actually is (i.e. not magic wand), and such. There are legit reasons but this forum has plenty of people who have contacted the EO for decidedly petty matters. They would not have shut down the phone number if such matters were able to just be shrugged off by employees who have bigger things to handle.

We have all learned from this forum. The majority of the knowledge is good, but a smidge of it can be bad. We become over entitled. We resort to EO when we don't need to. We seem to have this expectation that suddenly, we are a super important customer, who must be treated like a king or queen, because we have a special phone number or email to use. We are one of many, many cardholders and expectations around here sometimes need to be dialed down a bit.

To the above: it did disappear! The number was changed to prevent abuse. Keep overusing the EO long enough, and the email will go out of comission as well. Guaranteed.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience is the underscore here, not necessarily results or the method used....To which end it is not clear yet what the final result of the original poster's efforts will have been.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why you don't feel you business is important enough for you to escalate when you want sonething done, also don't think of EO as a superior being, trust I'm EO in a retail company and we are glad to help out our customers when our CSRs can't 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why you don't feel you business is important enough for you to escalate when you want sonething done, also don't think of EO as a superior being, trust I'm EO in a retail company and we are glad to help out our customers when our CSRs can't 

Because it's abused.

Message 18 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Its because people "escalate to get something done" every time they sneeze.

EO should be there to help when CSRs cannot. Yes. But not every issue that people call EO for is warranted.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.