Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE ANNUAL FEE

tag
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

CAP ONE ANNUAL FEE

It's almost a year and my current statement is reminding me that the July 2010 statement will include the $29 annual fee. I just called the back door # 800-889-9939 asking to waive the fee. For several years they were waived but last year NO and with this call I was told it is too early and to call back in June. I think I will call back in an hour. Smiley Very Happy If by June I have not got them to waive the fee and I close the account how do you think this will affect my credit? 

Account is 6 years

Credit Limit is $850

RJ to 15.99% (currently 3.99 BT with a balance of $182 which will be paid off in May)

I have used it mostly for BTs 

My other Cap One account is 7 years/$4100CL and no annual fee.

I don't think it will be the end of the world if the account closes but maybe it will.

Thank you,

RozBuds

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: CAP ONE ANNUAL FEE

can you combine instead?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 3
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Re: CAP ONE ANNUAL FEE

I want to use that option after the account is at a zero balance. If I get a no on both do you think my credit will suffer much for closing? It's only $850 and I do have a lot of available credit. Thank you for your reply.

RozBuds

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.