Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE CLI SUCESS

tag
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

CAP ONE CLI SUCESS

So I hit up the executive offices for my father and requested that I get a cli. My min was 5k max 12k. So I log into today to see that the cli went from 1k-to 7.5k lol. My father had just got the card july and had not run a single transaction through it.  Capital One has changed their ways for sure.

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: CAP ONE CLI SUCESS

I'm confused. You called the number for your Dad? So...he's just gotten the card in July and you called the number?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 19
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

I called on his behalf.

NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 3 of 19
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 4 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

WOW! CONGRATS. I'm DEF CALLING NOW!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 19
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Now to work on my Journey limit...Smiley Happy

PenFed Promise 5K
Message 6 of 19
firesoul453
Contributor

@CreditChampion wrote:

I have a journey card, and it seems my limit of $750 is going to be all they'll give me...

Tried regualr numbers, online chat, automated system, and even the executive office number.  No luck at all! I even tried to get them to combine cards (have a useless playstation visa), but they don't do that apparently...  And I've had it for almost 2 years!

Really annoying. 

Only thing that keeps me from cancleing is that it is my oldest card and want I really old card to show on my record.

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 7 of 19
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried recently though?

PenFed Promise 5K
Message 8 of 19
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@firesoul453 wrote:

@CreditChampion wrote:

I have a journey card, and it seems my limit of $750 is going to be all they'll give me...

Tried regualr numbers, online chat, automated system, and even the executive office number.  No luck at all! I even tried to get them to combine cards (have a useless playstation visa), but they don't do that apparently...  And I've had it for almost 2 years!

Really annoying. 

Only thing that keeps me from cancleing is that it is my oldest card and want I really old card to show on my record.

You had the Journey card for two years and they didn't do anything for you at the Exec office? That's weird. May I ask what your credit is like? Any baddies? Other open credit lines with higher limits? I only ask because I have the MTV Visa and I opened it 2 years ago--it has been at the same limit for 2 years. I called the exec office two days ago and got raised from $750 to $1,500 the following day.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 19
firesoul453
Contributor

Been trying like once a week for a while now one way or another.

Today I called the exeutive office number, still no luck.

She said they don't offer manual reviews.

but in what has almost been two year (19 months I think), I've only revieced one CLI.

Really annoying when all my other cards have a limit of $2500 or above (unless you don't count NPSL).

Edit: NO baddies at all, 

It was my first card ever (so no long credit history), but never ever ever missed even one payment!

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.