ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

daveg38 check inbox info sent.

LesWH  thanks again.  

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 51 of 180
LesWH
Established Contributor

@ninjamike81 wrote:

@daveg38 check inbox info sent.

@LesWH  thanks again.  

Anytime!!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 52 of 180
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

I did talk to the lady from executive office, she told me that the annual fee is waived permanently!!! Awesome!! Told me that she would add rewards too. Said that they will do a manual review on the cli and get back in a few days. Hope for the best. Thx guys!

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 53 of 180
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I sent an email to the executive office yesterday morning at 9:30am asking for a raise on my two credit cards. One is my first ever credit card, which I've had since 2008 and has been stuck at $300 all this time so I don't even use it. The other card I've had since the end of 2011 and was stuck at $750 after the credit step. A nice lady phoned me within a couple of hours. Asked about my situation and how much I was asking for. I've just logged in now and seen that my limits have been increased $300 > $2000 and $750 > $5000!! Very happy, makes it my highest limit by far!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 54 of 180
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Has anyone had luck with a household bank card that Cap 1 took over? I have had it a year now.  Stuck at $450 and it has a $59 annual fee attached to it.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 55 of 180
colindidit
Established Contributor

I emailed last night and have yet to receive a response when's a good wait period?
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 56 of 180
p-
Valued Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

Has anyone had luck with a household bank card that Cap 1 took over? I have had it a year now.  Stuck at $450 and it has a $59 annual fee attached to it.

Yes; the Cap 1 Executive Office gave my information to the HSBC exec team, who waived my annual fee for life on my Orchard card.  They said that until it was converted to a Cap1 product they were not able to PC, and that they couldn't raise the limit until the transition was over.  Still a win in my book, as now I don't have to close my oldest credit card.

If you don't get anywhere that way, just try again after the transition.

@colindidit wrote:
I emailed last night and have yet to receive a response when's a good wait period?

Usually a day or two for contact, instant answer on product changes, rewards, and annual fees, and 3-5 business days on limit increases.

Message 57 of 180
colindidit
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

Yes; the Cap 1 Executive Office gave my information to the HSBC exec team, who waived my annual fee for life on my Orchard card.  They said that until it was converted to a Cap1 product they were not able to PC, and that they couldn't raise the limit until the transition was over.  Still a win in my book, as now I don't have to close my oldest credit card.

@colindidit wrote:

Usually a day or two for contact, instant answer on product changes, rewards, and annual fees, and 3-5 business days on limit increases.

hmm thanks for the fast response... Do you think they could change the rewards on my MTV or orbitz card to cash rewards and maybe product change to the playstation card? My fiancée has it and I want it . I exactly use the rewards for that lol

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 58 of 180
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@calihlove75 wrote:

@colindidit wrote:

Thanks

I would be happy for them to waive the annual fee for now. I am going to keep it regardless, but I cringe at the very thought of that fee for a useless card without any rewards. However, it is my oldest major credit card on file so I just deal with it,  knowing it at least got me where I am Smiley Wink

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 59 of 180
colindidit
Established Contributor

Omg mostnerve wracking phone call ever...didn't ask me any reason I'd like the increase but asked income investments etc. asked my employment status.. He was very nice though...i won't close if I don't get the increase...but boy do I hope I do... Luckily he addressed it would be a soft pull before I asked.

Edit : I'm worried . My new limits haven't reported to the credit bureau but for the bank of America I just  got the statement for today already reported...however that will paid off by the end of this month..I hope they don't see that as a red flag as I just used that to consolidate the little debt I had...and none of the payment I made for this past statement have updated and I paid a significant amount off of each card and the credit liMIT increase I'm sure that those decreased the utilization...I hope they can access that somehow..

Message 60 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.