Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

tag
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

@SwiftTone wrote:

Could you share your credit profile and also your other limits? I have 2 Cap1 cards since 2008 and 2011 with a total limit of $2250. I'm looking to closing the newer one, and CLIing the older one to $10k. Just wanted to compare our profiles.

Capital One Platinum (opened 2006): $1500 (prior) to $7,500

NFCU cashRewards (opened 09/2012): $25,000

Those are my only credit cards. Had a couple of student loan chargeoff/collections that I paid off/settled a few years back, and 2 late payments on my Capital One card a couple of years ago, which just got GW removed I believe. Credit UTIL was 9% on my 01/13 report, I PIF each month. History is about 12 years, AAoA is just about 4. Only the NFCU inquiry on my CR. I am going to wait a few months and then PC the C1 card to the VentureOne probably and garden for a year or so.

I'd really like to add one more card, but I am afraid to apply since I just got denied an Amazon.com Store card for potential fraud (my app came from an overseas internet service provider (I work overseas), so they locked me out and told me I am not eligible/they can't do anything about it. What I would really like to do is add a Discover or Amex card, and then sit back and relax. Sigh..

Eta: I had a Sears card back in the day (when I was 18 or so, with a $6000 or so CL) according to my report that I don't remember (maybe my parents opened it for me, I am not sure) that contributes to my long history. It was always PIF and in good standing/closed according to my reports, so I let it be.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 161 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

I'd really like to add one more card, but I am afraid to apply since I just got denied an Amazon.com Store card for potential fraud (my app came from an overseas internet service provider (I work overseas), so they locked me out and told me I am not eligible/they can't do anything about it. What I would really like to do is add a Discover or Amex card, and then sit back and relax. Sigh..

Where do you work overseas?  I work overseas too!  When I app now I make sure I use a VPN so that something like this won't happen.  In the past I was denied because of the IP address.  Because of that I make sure that I don't app unless I use the VPN.  It sucks having inquiries on my report and denials that match them which were declined because of the IP.  I guess I could contest them saying that I didn't do them and get them removed, but I just simply learned from the mistake. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 162 of 180
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Where do you work overseas?  I work overseas too!  When I app now I make sure I use a VPN so that something like this won't happen.  In the past I was denied because of the IP address.  Because of that I make sure that I don't app unless I use the VPN.  It sucks having inquiries on my report and denials that match them which were declined because of the IP.  I guess I could contest them saying that I didn't do them and get them removed, but I just simply learned from the mistake. 

Right now I am in Afghanistan. Yeah I will def. learn from that mistake.. like I said, I am gunshy to apply now. I tried to call/recon them, and I talked to several departments who said that their computer locked me out essentially, and they could not override it. Oh well. I didn't really want their card, I just want a third card open/reporting...

As an update - I got a call back tonight from the Capital One EO. In addition to the CLI to $7,500, my AF was removed for good and I got 1% cashback + 50% cashback bonus each year. I am a happy customer. I inquired as to whether I could call that number back in the future in regards to PC/CLI and was told that would be fine, but hopefully in the next 6 months the customer service reps on the front line would be able to better assist customers with these kinds of things. Good for Capital One in evolving I say.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 163 of 180
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

Right now I am in Afghanistan. Yeah I will def. learn from that mistake.. like I said, I am gunshy to apply now. I tried to call/recon them, and I talked to several departments who said that their computer locked me out essentially, and they could not override it. Oh well. I didn't really want their card, I just want a third card open/reporting...

As an update - I got a call back tonight from the Capital One EO. In addition to the CLI to $7,500, my AF was removed for good and I got 1% cashback + 50% cashback bonus each year. I am a happy customer. I inquired as to whether I could call that number back in the future in regards to PC/CLI and was told that would be fine, but hopefully in the next 6 months the customer service reps on the front line would be able to better assist customers with these kinds of things. Good for Capital One in evolving I say.

Are you kidding me?  This problem of thiers dates back at least 10 years!  I was reading a thread from that long ago and thinking, wow!  I use Hide My A@@ as my VPN, it might work where you are at too.  It is handy for when you want to order something online and they track your IP.  I have to use something like that when I order to insure the account or merchant doesn't have any issues.  Sorry the recon for that card didn't work, but happily the Capone CLI did. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 164 of 180
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

Can someone please PM me a Capital One Exec Email contact?

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 165 of 180
illini2010

Can someone please send me the email address to capital one exec office?

Message 166 of 180
racer-x
Valued Contributor

For those looking for the CEO email addy, just simply google it.  Good luck.

Message 167 of 180
illini2010

Thats the first thing I did, I found the webinfo address for capital one but I'm sure that there is a more direct one for coorporate.  Thanks

Message 168 of 180
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Google these exact words - 'Capital One CEO email address'

sigh.  lol.

Message 169 of 180
p-
Valued Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

Google these exact words - 'Capital One CEO email address'

sigh.  lol.

Or click the link in step 3 of this guide.  It literally does it for you.  And the address comes up in the first two results:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

Message 170 of 180
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.