Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE-NICE CL !!!

tag
redwalker2929
Regular Contributor

CAP ONE-NICE CL !!!

I just wanted to let everyone know about the good news my friend got from capital one today.  He has been using one of their starter cards for about 7 months now and has a CL of 750 after receiving the steps CLI.  He frustration has been growing like most posters on here regarding their failure to grant CLI.  I have been giving him advice along the way and explained how my history with capital one was very similar.  It ALWAYS angered me when they would send me pre-approved offers for an additional no hassles cash rewards card and refuse to increase my existing card.  I always figured it would be another 500 CL.  He attempted for a CLI one last time by calling their corporate office and had no luck.  SO....he applied for a second card- no hassle cash reward........and was approved for 2K !!!!  Not too shabby for a starter card!!!

A little background on his credit:  Bankruptcy 2 years ago, High annual income, Fako scores ranging from 730-740.

Hope this helps!!!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAP ONE-NICE CL !!!

Great, he now has a card that will stuck at 2k forever.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 2 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@tengtengvn wrote:

+1

I have to agree +1

2K is not shabby for a Cap1 starter card, but the thing is, that card will most likely never see another CLI in it's lifetime.

Message 4 of 15
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Considering I have two Cap1 cards (one stuck at 500 and the other won't exceed 750) I'd be happy with 2000CL from them. Having said that, once I get my Chase Freedom this summer I'll be dumping at least one of my Cap1 cards and not looking back ever.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 5 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tengtengvn wrote:

+1

I have to agree +1

2K is not shabby for a Cap1 starter card, but the thing is, that card will most likely never see another CLI in it's lifetime.

This is coming from the most interesting man of the non-CLI getting CrapOne world........respect.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@tengtengvn wrote:

+1

I have to agree +1

This is coming from the most interesting man of the non-CLI getting CrapOne world........respect.

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

**Inserting some positive vibes to this thread *******   Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

I spoke to a CSR at Capital One the other day and they informed me that I was not in the credit steps program. I then asked if it was eligible for CLIs and she said yes, every six months and there was no cap on how high it could go. I was like wow a $500 card growing.. Then I remembered I was on the phone with Capital One and just laughed and said thanks for humoring me.

Message 9 of 15
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:
I spoke to a CSR at Capital One the other day and they informed me that I was not in the credit steps program. I then asked if it was eligible for CLIs and she said yes, every six months and there was no cap on how high it could go. I was like wow a $500 card growing.. Then I remembered I was on the phone with Capital One and just laughed and said thanks for humoring me.

Not nessacerily.  Sounds like my card.  It started at around $500 and is up to $1800.  Granted that is after several years but my credit more or less stayed in the tank for most of those years.  It is possible for them to grow.  Now don't expect it to go north of $2k, your going to have get one of their prime cards for that.  Expecting a sub-prime card from any lender to get a high CL is a bit much.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.