Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE OFFER

tag
tmoney
Regular Contributor

CAP ONE OFFER

Greetings Everone Has anyone ever received a pre approved offer from Cap one after two previous chargeoffs from 2002.I received a offer saying they lost me as a customer a want me The chager offs are paid but are they serious about the new offer,they must know about the charge off anyone familiar with this offer
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: CAP ONE OFFER

Yes, it is a real offer.  I got the same thing after a CO from 2005 with cap1 in sept of last year.  i accepted it so i could build good history again, although I didn't like the $300 limit I got.  Got it up to 1K now, so I'm happy.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE OFFER

tmoney wrote:
Greetings Everone Has anyone ever received a pre approved offer from Cap one after two previous chargeoffs from 2002.I received a offer saying they lost me as a customer a want me The chager offs are paid but are they serious about the new offer,they must know about the charge off anyone familiar with this offer

It is a real offer, you just have to mindful you may receive a card (what they call product) that is not eligible for requested CLI's.  For example, I had to previous accounts with Cap1 -one a Visa that was closed and paid before charge off almost 10 years ago, and another that was charged off about 9 years ago.  Cap1 sent an offer through the collection agency to pay my charge off account and receive a new Cap1 card. I have had the card since 2004 (1 late pmt) and have only received 1 CLI (from $200 to $500). When I call the backdoor number, I am advised my product is not eligible for initiated CLI - only eligible via account review. However, my card info says the card has a maximum limit of $3000.

Just want to know in advance because you may read this board alot and get excited when people use the backdoor number for increases. If the offer is for credit steps, I would definitely jump on it in a heartbeat. They must offer that product to you and is one of the few ways those in credit repair can have definite automatic increases.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.