cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE/ORCHARD BANK CLI HARD/SOFT PULL???

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: CAP ONE/ORCHARD BANK CLI HARD/SOFT PULL???

@aloush11 wrote:

I called the backdoor number for HSBC Credit. I asked her to see if I qualify for a CLI, she said they do not, and never have done soft pull for CLI. I explained to her that the last 2 have been soft. I was gonna call back and see if another rep can help but I got busy. Has anybody recently got a received a CLI via soft pull? 

I've read of  people getting them from SPs. It's all about who you talk to when you call, I would suggest you just keep calling till you get someone who says "yes, we will do a SP" lol. 

Message 11 of 34
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i make sure to talk to superviser and 3 times,4 times no mutiple time confirm that you gonna only do a soft pull on my report. Thank you very much and sorry we unable to qualify for you a limit increase sent some letter with BS reason hahhahahaa thats their favor line.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received a $200.00 increase with a HP. This will be my last request with them. Now I'll let the better cards that I was just approved for grow.

Message 13 of 34
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received a $200.00 increase with a HP. This will be my last request with them. Now I'll let the better cards that I was just approved for grow.

So sorry to hear about that...  I have been getting a $200 soft bump every six months for a while now on my Orchard, and the last one was in July.  Every six months I call the general CS number.  They have always given the credit pull disclaimer on the phone, but I never get an inquiry.

This thread is the first I've heard of them going with the Cap 1 "scruyu" policy instead of the old Orchard policy.  I appreciate the warning.  I may refrain from my usual call in January unless conditions change.

To be honest, I've outgrown the card.  I'm holding out hope that after all merger activity is done Cap 1 will let me PC to a no AF card.  It is my oldest, besides AU cards...

Message 14 of 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

my last CLI on Orchard was in June, went from 1300 to 1500! YEAH, it was a soft pull

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I feel like a lot of these outsourced CSR have no f****** idea what they are talking about.... or maybe they just don't understand how prized great creditstanding is in America...? LOL so they give us the runaround.

UGH

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 34
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I feel like a lot of these outsourced CSR have no f****** idea what they are talking about.... or maybe they just don't understand how prized great creditstanding is in America...? LOL so they give us the runaround.

UGH

Most have no idea what they're talking about because they are given a script, and not allowed to deviate from it. 

I once heard a great line, "A CSRs worst nightmare is someone who actually knows what they're talking about." Smiley Tongue 

Message 17 of 34
2NE1
Established Contributor

I called the back # of my Orchard card two months ago and requested a CLI, the CSR I spoke with was in the US. It was a soft pull for me even though it was only a $100 increase, but better than nothing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 34
p-
Valued Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

I called the back # of my Orchard card two months ago and requested a CLI, the CSR I spoke with was in the US. It was a soft pull for me even though it was only a $100 increase, but better than nothing! Smiley Very Happy

What worries me is every story through July is soft, but every story from August is a HP.  I'll be watching this closely to see if the soft pulls come back.

Message 19 of 34
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I just got a $200 increase on my Best Buy Mastercard and $100 increase on my Household Bank Platinum rebuilder. Funny thing is I tried getting increase from Best Buy since I opened the card in Nov 2011 and tried at least 3 times in last 90 days. I was sure, i would be denied, but I got it. Also Household Bank Platinum that I opened in Feb 2011 was stuck at $300 and I was even told several time it won't grow...got $100. Not huge, but its something. I think that it has something to do with 3% utilization that I just got on my credit...LOL...Will be asking for CLIs again in March or April...hopefully CAPONE wont totally take over by then. I asked CAPONE for increase too and got the "Currently we are not doing customer initiated increases but reviewing increase policy so at this time go kick rocks" message.

ALL SOFT PULLS FYI!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.