Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE PC SUPER FAST

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP ONE PC SUPER FAST

Ok, so after some bittersweet moments in the last 24 hours, I read on another post that the OP was able to PC a card one month after account opening with Capital One. After my disappointing credit limit increase denials with Synchrony, I headed over to Capital One for a little pick-me-up.

I opened a chat and requested to upgrade my Platinum MC to a Quicksilver. The chat rep had me verify some info, came back and said that there was an offer to upgrade to Quicksilver. She asked would I like to receive more info about the QS and then upgrade. I said yes, she transferred me to another rep who was able to upgrade. I had tons of questions, most notably would it affect my credit steps. Initially he said it would and that I would no longer have that CLI after 5 on time payments. I told him how important that program and the credit limit increases were to me. He put me on a 5 minute hold came back and assured me that I would infact remain in the credit steps, my account number would remain the same and I could even continue to use the current Platinum MC and earn the rewards after 2-3 days until I activated my new card. 

I had him confirm again and he put me on another hold, came back with all of the terms and conditions. The only term that changed was that I could not participate in any other rewards upgrades for the next 6 mos. I accepted and I'll get my new QuickSilver card, same account # in 7-10 days!!!

Yaaay!!! So perhaps that whole 6 month thing is gone???? Or maybe CAP1 is really liking my usage right now, either way I'll take it. Next month, CLI requests on both cards and 5 months from now, account combination. 

This forum is truly the best when it comes to credit!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE PC SUPER FAST

Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pc'd my platinum card after 2 or 3 months last year and was still enrolled in credit steps and received my increase at 6 months. I'm sure you're still enrolled. Also try for a CLI after 2 to 3 months and see if you can get one early. Mine went from 500 to 1,500 after 3 months to 2,000 at 6 months. Good Luck!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so after some bittersweet moments in the last 24 hours, I read on another post that the OP was able to PC a card one month after account opening with Capital One. After my disappointing credit limit increase denials with Synchrony, I headed over to Capital One for a little pick-me-up.

I opened a chat and requested to upgrade my Platinum MC to a Quicksilver. The chat rep had me verify some info, came back and said that there was an offer to upgrade to Quicksilver. She asked would I like to receive more info about the QS and then upgrade. I said yes, she transferred me to another rep who was able to upgrade. I had tons of questions, most notably would it affect my credit steps. Initially he said it would and that I would no longer have that CLI after 5 on time payments. I told him how important that program and the credit limit increases were to me. He put me on a 5 minute hold came back and assured me that I would infact remain in the credit steps, my account number would remain the same and I could even continue to use the current Platinum MC and earn the rewards after 2-3 days until I activated my new card. 

I had him confirm again and he put me on another hold, came back with all of the terms and conditions. The only term that changed was that I could not participate in any other rewards upgrades for the next 6 mos. I accepted and I'll get my new QuickSilver card, same account # in 7-10 days!!!

Yaaay!!! So perhaps that whole 6 month thing is gone???? Or maybe CAP1 is really liking my usage right now, either way I'll take it. Next month, CLI requests on both cards and 5 months from now, account combination. 

This forum is truly the best when it comes to credit!!!

Congrats SnakeDoctor,

Not to worry, you are still in the STEPS program and everything that you would have gotten is still available. I just PC'd my Plat a couple of weeks ago somewhere between 4-5wks of opening the acct. PC'ing your cards doesn't affect your other benefits. Last night both my CC's (QS1 & QS) hit the 60 day old point and I tried for a CLI and got $1000 bump on both.

I put up a post right after it happened here;

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/60-days-in-Cap1-1000-CLI-s/td-p/4490054

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats

Message 6 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! yes it was my post that said i got the pc offer just after one month. so happy to see it helped you & you got yours PCd.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I'm hoping to PC my QS1 in 6 mo.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.