Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP ONE raised the AF on the Venture Card

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

CAP ONE raised the AF on the Venture Card

Noticed it this morning while poking around.... AF for new card holders is now $95.   Glad mine is still $59! Smiley Wink

IMG_7975.JPG

Message 1 of 115
114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP ONE raised the AF on the Venture Card

Chase's ridiculous 5/24 on CSP is literally putting money into Capital One's pockets -- massive money.  Remember that CSP advertises as a 2X card even though it's more than 2X on travel earning->redemption.

So Capital One's Venture is a "2X" card but not equal to Chase's better 2X.

Since people can't get CSP so easily, they just go to Capital One who is happy to give everyone huge SLs.

$95/year is easy money for them.  Good on Capital One for profiting from Chase's jealousy.

Message 2 of 115
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I give all the kudos to CapOne on their Venture marketing campaign that allows them to do this.

Message 3 of 115
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since people can't get CSP so easily, they just go to Capital One who is happy to give everyone* huge SLs.

*Except for customers who have been with them for over 20 years and have perfect payment history.  Namely @K-in-Boston.  Smiley Mad

I'm sure Chase has done some extensive analysis of what they pay out to bonus-chasers and churners vs what they're losing on the 5/24 policy by locking out customers that don't fall into that category.  I wouldn't even want to guess how those numbers work out, but I am sure they are constantly reviewing it.  They seem to have doubled down on it with the new "one Sapphire product" policy, too.

Message 4 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now if only they'd release a Venture metal card in the shape of the Capital One Project Element card!

Message 5 of 115
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I understand disliking 5/24, but my guess is most who are over 5/24 are either credit hungry, chasing bonuses , or maximizing rewards by using many cards. Which is fine, but I get why Chase doesn’t want them as a customer. All they’ve done is become more strict and introduced even more rules so I don’t see it letting up anytime soon.

95 a year is a lot for a Venture Card IMO. Beyond the sign up bonus, what’s the point over a free Double Cash?
Message 6 of 115
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
95 a year is a lot for a Venture Card IMO. Beyond the sign up bonus, what’s the point over a free Double Cash?

There isn't IMO. Why I said CapOne's marketing is brilliant with this.

Message 7 of 115
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:
 credit hungry
chasing bonuses
 maximizing rewards by using many cards
Message 8 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Careful, K-in-Boston: the  is a Chase trademark, isn't it???

Message 9 of 115
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Careful, K-in-Boston: the  is a Chase trademark, isn't it???

Smiley LOL

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 10 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.