CAP ONE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP ONE?

Okay, Question: As of Aug 30th, 

TU: 627

EQ: 648

Do you think I am eligible for CAP ONE? I want to try the pre qual, but I just want opinions from the credit experts here. 

Furthermore, is there any good unsecured cards as for my situation?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAP ONE?

We need a better picture of your past credit...bankruptcy?  Late payments?  most recent account? inq's?  AAoA, etc...

Are those FICO scores from this website?

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it is the FICO that I got from this website.

well, I have couple of collections and chargeoffs on my account. Oh yeah, I also happen to have a charged-off Cap One account. 

What do you think?

Message 3 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

How old are the collections/chargeoffs?  When did you burn Cap One?  Is it unpaid?

EDIT: I would personally never recommend CapOne as they pull all three bureaus every single time.  No credit card is worth three inquiries in my opinion.  

Have you tried HSBC's Best Buy MC pre-qualifier?  You might only get a $100 limit, but if you are rebuilding, then this might be a better choice.

-----------------------
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of the accounts were from approx 5 years ago, when I was uneducated about card.

The Charged-off cap one is paid. The balance is 0, but it is still reporting as a charge-off. My recent has been good, no coll, no chargeoff and no late.

I do not have credit card now. So I want to start out by getting cards with smaller limit first.

Please educate me. HAHA

Message 5 of 16
mross1080
Established Contributor

I think you have a good chance I had a unpaid chargeoff from them and they gave me 2 cards. The chargeoff was old though and a little hint freeze 2 of your reports before applying theyll only pull the unfrozen one. Worked for me. Twice!

Message 6 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

What are you looking for in a credit card?  Low APR? Rewards?  Etc...

-----------------------
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mross1080 wrote:

I think you have a good chance I had a unpaid chargeoff from them and they gave me 2 cards. The chargeoff was old though and a little hint freeze 2 of your reports before applying theyll only pull the unfrozen one. Worked for me. Twice!

How much does it cost to put a freeze on your reports?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I am happy that worked out for you, Ross. How'd you freeze the accounts?

Well, I am just looking for a card to rebuild my credit. That is, of course with best option i could have, include lower apr, lower AF, etc.

I think I am going to try the HSBC pre qual first and see how that goes. They just do soft pulls or what? It wont hurt my scores right?

Message 9 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the pre-qualifier does a soft pull, only if you move on from there will they do a hard pull.  Soft pulls don't hurt your scores.  

You may also look at joining a credit union.  They usually have better APR's and higher limits.

EDIT: you might want to try for Alliant Credit Union.  They seem to be good to people with not-so-good pasts.

-----------------------
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.