Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 CLI what are my chances?

tag
Phaseshift
Contributor

CAP1 CLI what are my chances?

So I have both QS1 and Plat MC that I was approved for back in August of 2014 with a CL of measley $300 unforuntately  I missed 1 payment and was booted from the credit steps program. It's been a year now and for the past 6 months I've been paying on time, however, always carry a balance. I want to try for a CLI but to get the best chances of it being approved should I wait to have a 0 balance on both cards before applying?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: CAP1 CLI what are my chances?

It's only a SP so if you wanted you could just hit it whenever and if its declined try later. That missed payment might be an issue for them, although they are pretty forgiving. If you do hit it and its declined you can find and fix the reasons. Like not large enough payments or usage that's an easy one to fix.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 5
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Well I just had an experience with a late payment and a CLI. I recently switched my bank to NFCU and entered a wrong number in my account info when paying my payment. Well needless to say I had a returned payment and a late fee on top of it, Total bonehead move and I have no one to blame but myself. Well anyhow I have a platinum and a quicksilver one, I am in credit steps for both, I was late on the platinum. I was told I will remain in the credit steps for that card but they reset the clock and I must now wait another 5 months to complete the steps. Next day I asked for credit limit increases for both just out of curiosity, denied for platinum for obvious reasons and approved for 20% increase on quicksilver. Give it a shot you have nothing to lose. 

Message 3 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea that missed payment will hurt for a little while. May force you to hold off for maybe a year.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit the cli button, can't hurt.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.