Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAP1 Experience

I just got my Cap1 Plat card a month ago with a $500 limit.  I used all $500 of it last month.  I paid it in full before the due date.  I login to my account to pake sure the balance is zero and it says account restricted.  I didnt use my card after I made the payment.  I called them and they want me to send proof of identity or go into the brance and the barely english speaking rep told me that it could have been because of the payment I made.  **bleep**?  Why because I paid it in full?  I also had a Cap1 secured card for 6 months and expected them to convert it to a regualr card and they said they dont do that so I cancelled it and got this one.  Capital One SUCKS.  They have horrible customer service and there is no one to speak to about a credit limit increase or a credit analyst.  I plan on going to the branch tomorrow and closing my checking account and credit card.  Who the hell wants to deal with their BS?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP1 Experience

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I recommend using live chat to speak to the rep. They are very attentive and helpful. 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't do anything, why do you care what it says on the online account? No one actually restricted your card, it still works. Banking in general takes a long time to update, almost nothing is real time. Don't send any proof of anything. If it hasn't come in physical mail, there's no reason for you to take any action.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you are new to credit or have jacked up credit because of your SL and secured card that you mentioned. They took a chance on you and gave you credit. I wouldn't be so fast to hate on them just because one bad experience.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't do anything, why do you care what it says on the online account? No one actually restricted your card, it still works. Banking in general takes a long time to update, almost nothing is real time. Don't send any proof of anything. If it hasn't come in physical mail, there's no reason for you to take any action.

You are not correct. If the OP's account is restricted and it appears it is, it does not "still work". If Cap1 is asking for verification, the OP will have to provide it in order to lift the restriction. Be careful giving out advice if you don't know what you're talking about. 

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be something related to form of payment that may have triggered something. The big banks are under so much scrutiny from various government agencies that things like this happen, especially with new accounts. What state do you live in and how did you pay?
Message 6 of 26
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Did you take a cash advance?

Was a payment that you made returned?

That is the only time I hear about account restrictions through Cap One.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

People must understand when you move up to capital ones prime cards such as a quicksilver visa or venture with $5K+ credit limits you will automatically be routed to a personal account manager. I haven't heard that foreign accent from capital one since I closed the quicksilver1 MC and opens the Quicksilver Visa. Trust me it's true.

So if you have someone a parent or sibling that's has a prime capital one card have them call and as soon as they put in there info and stuff and the rep picks up take over the call and explain yourself it will for sure be a well spoken English account manager rep good luck
Message 8 of 26
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If CapOne has already requested that the OP send in proof of identity then there is very little chance, regardless to who he or she is routed to, is going to be able to lift that restrction until they get what they asked for...english speaking rep or not.  OP, if you want the restriction lifted, comply, if not, close it like you said you were going to and move on with your life.  I wouldn't waste much time calling different people when the results are probably still going to be the same...if fraud has placed a restriction due to identiity...not many others at C1 are going to change that.  

Message 9 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

What other credit cards do you have that treat you better?

Cap One gives people a chance without extortion.

I have never paid a dime in interest or fees to Cap One and have collected THOUSANDS in reward cash back.

You should NEVER max out a card.  Pay Weekly.  Pay Daily if you have to.  Keep your balance low and your use high.

I went from $0 to $50,000 credit with Cap One in 2 years.

Perhaps you had a random bad experience.

Good Luck.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.