Did you mean: 

CAP1 Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP1 Experience

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

A little advice...

Spend some time reading the rebuild board to figure out the best way to build a healthy and strong credit profile. In the meantime, don't get angry each time a creditor does something you don't like. Trust me, this won't be the first or last time a creditor gets on your nerves. It does you no good. Best of luck OP!

+1

For the OP, we aren't judging or anything, but without knowing your FICO or what your CR looks like, we can only make assumptions based on the SL and the card.  I will say that there are those of us with 700+ and even 800+ FICOs who run into things that we don't like (for me, it's a $500 CL on a 0% Citi DC that WILL NOT budge, despite having about $14k in other CLs, and just getting a pre-approved Home Depot offer; for many others, especially right now, it's whatever the heck Comenity Bank is up to).  

If a bank/card doesn't work for you (and especially if you have better offers), make a sound business decision and close the card/decide not to do business with the bank.  Trust me, the banks themselves are completely emotionless with their decisions, and are only doing them for (what they consider) sound business reasons.  Don't close the account or swear off Cap1 out of anger, but if, in the cold light of day, the really aren't doing what you need (and someone else is), make the passionless decision to take your business elsewhere.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if a Quicksilver One card is a Prime Card? or is it just a Quicksilver card? Thanks in advance.
Message 22 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you know if a Quicksilver One card is a Prime Card? or is it just a Quicksilver card? Thanks in advance.

"Prime" is always subjective, but with Capital One their Quicksilver Visa has no AF, and (usually) comes with a minimum credit line of $3k.  The Quicksilver One MasterCard has an annual fee (can vary, but for new accounts is $39) and the credit lines can be quiet small, sometimes $300. 

This being said, if somebody qualifies for the Quicksilver Visa, that's definitely the one you'll want to get.

The cash rewards are identical for each product.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am assuming that your answer is "Yes"?  I just some examples of "prime" cards and non "prime" cards.  Thanks for anyone's assistance.

MJH

Message 24 of 26
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Keep in mind that QS1 can be upgraded to QS or Venture in the future.

Many of us started with Platinum or QS1 just a year or two ago.

I grew from $3000 To $23k QS Visa and $25k Venture World MC in two years.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 25 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I am assuming that your answer is "Yes"?  I just some examples of "prime" cards and non "prime" cards.  Thanks for anyone's assistance.

MJH

The problem with "prime" and "non-prime" is that both definitions are completely subjective. 

Some people (?) consider "prime" to be no annual fee, but there are some really nice cards around that happen to have an annual fee.  Others say "prime" cards are more difficult to get, but again, this can vary (greatly) from person to person.

I would just consider what's important to you, and go from there. 

What others think (prime or not) is of little importance; it's not a race or "measuring" contest.  Smiley Wink

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.