Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 Upgrade card and CLI?

tag
Rob314
Established Member

CAP1 Upgrade card and CLI?

This is my very first post on this site. I just want to start out by saying this site is really helpful! I have had the VentureOne card for 6 months now with perfect payment history. I was wondering if they would upgrade my card to Venture card and also give me a CLI. I use this VentureOne card like a debit card. What are my chances of getting both?

some_text
*********3,000************1,000****************1,500*****************500*******************600***************500*******FICO TU 677 2/23/14
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CAP1 Upgrade card and CLI?

@Rob314 wrote:

This is my very first post on this site. I just want to start out by saying this site is really helpful! I have had the VentureOne card for 6 months now with perfect payment history. I was wondering if they would upgrade my card to Venture card and also give me a CLI. I use this VentureOne card like a debit card. What are my chances of getting both?

@Very good... check online first when you log into your account under account promotions or reward structure or something... you can see if your account has offer to upgrade... if nothing there just e-mail capital one ceo and you can google that and it's his name @ cap1 that you send the email to and just short and sweet ask for upgrade and cli... they will call you pretty quick to discuss.  ASK high on CLI, they will counter.

Message 2 of 4
Rob314
Established Member

Thanks!

some_text
*********3,000************1,000****************1,500*****************500*******************600***************500*******FICO TU 677 2/23/14
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

An item to keep in mind, the Venture card comes with an AF.  Even if you go through the EO route, underwriting may be hesitant to approve $5K (they can counter your initial request) if you don't have sufficient experience or length of time with your current Capital One CCs and/or if you currently don't have any other TLs bearing such CLs.  Of course, if they approve you for $4K (or somewhere in the neighborhood) then you will be closer toward that goal.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.