cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE Account Combination - A Possible UGH ???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE Account Combination - A Possible UGH ???

HEY GUYS !!!  So my partner just paid off one of our Vetnures (Balance was $5000, CL $10,000) -- it should post tomorrow.  The QuickSilver is at $13,000 with a $2000 balance ... now we want to do account comibation but one of the stipulations is no missed payments in past 6 months, and last month while out of town the due date was missed literally by 12 HOURS/ ONE DAY!!!! SO MAD AT MYSELF as I forgot to schedule the payment (Im AU on both cards). 

The late fee was waived, and the chat rep and client services manager via phone said our accounts are in "GOOD CURRENT STANDING" ... anyone go through this?  Is one day really going to hinder our ability to combine these?  Theyve been open a year.  Scores (partners) all over 720.  Any ideas?  We really want to merge this into one card -- anyone have success combining accounts with a small missed payment under 30 days ??  AS IN ONE DAY??? 

Thanks ahead of time !!  Goddamn this credit game is too much sometimes !! Smiley Very Happy

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAPITAL ONE Account Combination - A Possible UGH ???

You can try the account combination module to see if they'll let you. Some people have trouble with combination anyway but at least it's worth a look to see if you can.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks mich -- i will try as soon as payment posts, just wanted to get advice from someone who has been through something simialr....CapOne is a strange beast

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please come back and update your thread with the outcome. Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Wish I knew why some get it like myself and some dont. No logic to it. I was succesful last week. Just sign in and go to the combo link now. See if it lines up.

Message 5 of 7
stengiz
Regular Contributor

i know it is not the same but last month i had a payment returned because i scheduled from my closed account like a dummy. Before i had tried it would list bunch of reasons that none applied to me.matter of fact returned payments was one of the reasons, but i was able to combine my accounts today without any issue. hope this tidbit helps

last app July 13 2016
Message 6 of 7
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

You might have to wait until the 6th statement cuts, not necessarily just 6 months.

I just went through this... 6 months was 9/20, but I wasn't able to combine until about two days after the statement cut, 10/7.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.