cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE CLI denied via EO, approved online 5 days later?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CAPITAL ONE CLI denied via EO, approved online 5 days later?!

This is why I cant stand not being able to TALK to an UW directly and explain things on our CR....Called EO for a CLI on my two QS cards ($500 each), 6 months old - denied for "too many new accounts, too many acct with balances" which is basically BS as my UTIL was reporting 24% overall, many cards had $0.00 bal.  . 5 days later I hit the LUV and BOOM - $1000 on each!!!  Makes zero sense as NOTHING HAD CHANGED -- veirfied this with my CRs.  

Even better -- APPed yesterdaty for VENTURE 1 and VENTURE, denied ... surprised, I called in .. denied because I had a freeze on my EQ for fraud, but will re-review manually this week since they pulled my EXP anyway and I took a hard pull for nothing!!  the denial was NOT on credit reasons !  Not amused with this company.  I'm sure theyll drum up some new reason to deny my apps now, since the UW there seem to be very hard to permaeate.  EO Rep is very nice and is trying hard to get me an approval on this since they pulled my EXPERIAN, and she even said there is no way i should be getting declined for a CLI via UW then approved online 5 days later for $2000 - makes zero sense!!!   

Anyone have simialr experience?  For as big as CapOne is , they need an UW Team that talks to consumers like Barclay and CHASE.  It is very frustrating trying to state your case via a third party for apps and such.  Here's hoping for a GREATTT outcome on at least one of these apps !!  FYI:  Scores are 680 EXP 660 TU FICO 04, and about 660s FICO 8.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE CLI denied via EO, approved online 5 days later?!

Its just how they are. Par for the course with them. You just have to accept that thats how capital one works, take them for what they are and are not, and move on. I like cap one but theyd never be my only issuer or anything because theres no real way to talk to underwriting, among other problems. Still, I like them.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is why I cant stand not being able to TALK to an UW directly and explain things on our CR....Called EO for a CLI on my two QS cards ($500 each), 6 months old - denied for "too many new accounts, too many acct with balances" which is basically BS as my UTIL was reporting 24% overall, many cards had $0.00 bal.  . 5 days later I hit the LUV and BOOM - $1000 on each!!!  Makes zero sense as NOTHING HAD CHANGED -- veirfied this with my CRs.  

Even better -- APPed yesterdaty for VENTURE 1 and VENTURE, denied ... surprised, I called in .. denied because I had a freeze on my EQ for fraud, but will re-review manually this week since they pulled my EXP anyway and I took a hard pull for nothing!!  the denial was NOT on credit reasons !  Not amused with this company.  I'm sure theyll drum up some new reason to deny my apps now, since the UW there seem to be very hard to permaeate.  EO Rep is very nice and is trying hard to get me an approval on this since they pulled my EXPERIAN, and she even said there is no way i should be getting declined for a CLI via UW then approved online 5 days later for $2000 - makes zero sense!!!   

Anyone have simialr experience?  For as big as CapOne is , they need an UW Team that talks to consumers like Barclay and CHASE.  It is very frustrating trying to state your case via a third party for apps and such.  Here's hoping for a GREATTT outcome on at least one of these apps !!  FYI:  Scores are 680 EXP 660 TU FICO 04, and about 660s FICO 8.  

of course they denied you a CLI. Why? Because you would carry more duplicate cards with them. I pray to god you'll PIF. Why didnt they also pull TU?

Whats the purpose of a venture one that earns less than 1.5%?????

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, when it comes to the ranking of cards with CapOne, it appears that Venture One allows you to participate in the travel rewards program w/o an annual fee; whereas, the quicksilver products allows you to participate in the cash-back program. Here is an EXCELLENT article distinguishing CapOne products: www.valuepenguin.com/best-capital-one-rewards-credit-card

Message 4 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, when it comes to the ranking of cards with CapOne, it appears that Venture One allows you to participate in the travel rewards program w/o an annual fee; whereas, the quicksilver products allows you to participate in the cash-back program. Here is an EXCELLENT article distinguishing CapOne products: www.valuepenguin.com/best-capital-one-rewards-credit-card

Sorry to burst your bubble but Quicksilver beats Venture One hands down.

Venture One is 1.25% in "miles" redeemable only for travel. There is no advantage to it over a Quicksilver which is 1.5% cash redeemable for anything. Yes, Venture One is marketed as a "travel program", which im sure works great for Capital One as many people don't bother to actually research the difference. The point is that outside of perhaps an initial bonus there is zero reason to hold a Venture One instead of a Quicksilver. Even the no FTF argument is null and void, as QS has no FTF.

Just because an article recommends something doesn't mean it is the best option. Whoever wrote that article is falling for the "travel" hype of a Venture One without really doing the math.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble but Quicksilver beats Venture One hands down.

Venture One is 1.25% in "miles" redeemable only for travel. There is no advantage to it over a Quicksilver which is 1.5% cash redeemable for anything. Yes, Venture One is marketed as a "travel program", which im sure works great for Capital One as many people don't bother to actually research the difference. The point is that outside of perhaps an initial bonus there is zero reason to hold a Venture One instead of a Quicksilver. Even the no FTF argument is null and void, as QS has no FTF.

Just because an article recommends something doesn't mean it is the best option. Whoever wrote that article is falling for the "travel" hype of a Venture One without really doing the math.

I only pointed out a basic difference in the cards. One gives cash back, while the other does travel. That was my only point. I was not conducting a qualitative analysis or even championing one card over the other. Each person has to make the best decision from the options available to each individual. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.