cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE CUSTOMERS, HELP ME OUT SMART THEM!!!

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE CUSTOMERS, HELP ME OUT SMART THEM!!!

@Wolf3 wrote:

By posting the fee on the last day of the cycle, they are minimizing interest charges for anyone who is carrying a balance.     I think this is more important to most customers than your utilization games.

Smiley Indifferent Please forgive me, but you lost me on that comment. 

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 11 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@lisamar81 wrote:

@Wolf3 wrote:

By posting the fee on the last day of the cycle, they are minimizing interest charges for anyone who is carrying a balance.     I think this is more important to most customers than your utilization games.

Smiley Indifferent Please forgive me, but you lost me on that comment. 

I think you have to overpay through bill pay or by check if you want to show a $0 balance which is your goal.

However, I think Capital One practice of posting fee on the last day saves money for customers who carry a balance so I give them credit for that.  I think saving money for customers is more important than making it easier to control your statement balance to the penny.     Just an opinion.

Message 12 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

In Soviet Russia, Capital One outsmart you!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.